The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

ChronoMaddox

A forum for discussing the life and legacy of Chuck Maddox

This should have been Chuck's watch

I only found out about this forum today, and even though I already posted this topic on other watch fora, I believe it should be here as well...

In my regular e-mail exchanges with Chuck, one topic that kept popping up regularly was his quest for a Lemania 5100 chronograph with a white dial and black registers, a "black eyed Lemania 5100" as he called it. The first one he ever saw was an Italian Pryngeps I had unearthed on eBay. After a few weeks, I finally sold him the watch as I knew that he was really excited about it.

In fact, after that he wanted to find others. The only other one I could think of then was a version of the Paul Picot U-Boot that Chuck found a bit too blingy for his tastes. So it was understood that if I ever was to find such a watch, it would be for him. In the end, we never encountered that elusive chronograph, and we were not even sure it existed...

So when this Lorenz got listed on eBay France, I couldn't help remembering these discussions with Chuck. And obviously I had to get this chronograph!

For me, this chronograph will always be "Chuck's Lorenz".

Godspeed my Friend!

Messages In This Thread

This should have been Chuck's watch
Re: This should have been Chuck's watch
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE