The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

ChronoMaddox

A forum for discussing the life and legacy of Chuck Maddox

Flightmaster 910 non-colored pushers and auxillory crowns

Hi Gents and Ladies,

I just wanted to thank the Maddox estate for keeping these articles online still - his flightmaster material was very useful for when I purchased my own. The only additional information I thought to add was about the color of the 910 (can't confirm 911) a. crowns and pushers:

My Omega only had the blue auxiliary crown colored, while the red/yellow pushers and the black crown did not have any coloring. Confused I asked the 1st time owner (I am the second owner) about his watch and he said this was the condition it was in when he bought it in 1970 in Denmark. Interested I asked around in watch stores here in Hong Kong where I live (http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/ShopsHK.html, I went to House Co.) and the House Co. owner told me that indeed the earliest versions of the flightmaster did /not/ have all the crowns/pushers colored. So it seems as if although the watch was purchased in 1970 it is likely to have come from the first production lines in 1969.

Please let me know if anyone have heard the same?

Thousand thanks for a great site, and my best regards to the Maddox estate.

// Fredrik

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE