The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 1940’s Olympic Chronograph Landeron 51

For sale is my 1940’s Olympic Chronograph.

Normally these “chronographe Suisse” watches are from the fifties, a time when the economies worldwide were upwards moving, this one is a really rare example from the 1940’s when the demand for luxuries wasn’t that high…
This is an oversized 37mm watch which wears even larger because of the thin bezel and big white dial. The dial is the original unrestored dial in brilliant condition.
The watch case is thickly plated at 20 micron and is not worn through at all.
Inside the watch ticks a Landeron 51, without shock protection which indicates this is a 1940’s watch, the watch was serviced by a master watchmaker in January 2016 keeps good time, the chronograph starts, stops and resets like it should. I am selling this watch because in more than a year I have hardly worn it so I hope to find someone who will enjoy it more.
The watch comes on a top quality 17mm Graf alligator-calf strap which is near new.

My price is eur. 415,- including insured shipping, payment via bank transfer or PayPal (at 3,8%). Not looking for trades.

Size: 37 x 44,6 mm without crown
Size: 38,7 x 44,6 mm with crown
Thickness: 12,9mm

I am located in The Netherlands and will ship worldwide
I am a regular at WUS and the dutch "horlogeforum" and have a lot of positive feedback: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/fliegerchrono-great-seller-998441.html
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/fliegerchrono-great-seller-3864226.html
and http://www.horlogeforum.nl/t/bg-/45770/71

Conditions of sale:
I am not a professional watch seller and this watch part of my private collection. This watch is described to the best of my abilities. I consider the pictures part of the description and do not accept refunds. Please ask any questions beforehand and I will answer them.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE