The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: FS: 1970s Lanco Compressor and same model Donor

For sale today are two lovely two-crown compressors by Lanco with internal 60 minute countdown bezels.

They are on the larger side (I don't have my calipers in this apartment, but estimate them to certainly be around 40mm) with rounded-square cases, 22mm lugs, and independently set dates, likely placing them in the mid to late 1970s.

The first watch has a lovely burgundy/deep red dial and was purchased by its previous buyer as NOS. I've had it for a bit over a year. It sets smoothly, the bezel can be moved readily, and it keeps time fantastically. The case still displays its brushed finish, with some minor scratching on the caseback from rubbing against my wrist.

The second watch is an earlier model with a blue dial, and is not running. The hour hand cannot be set (the minute can and it does wind manually and automatically along with run), the crystal has a sizeable scratch on one side, and it is certainly not NOS. the inner bezel is somewhat faded from the sun, and one of the crowns has been replaced with a period appropriate but unbranded crown. My watchmaker quoted me at $140 for an overhaul and to get this watch operational, but cautioned me that a replacement crystal would be hard to find, if it can be found at all. If you aren't in the mood to have it repaired, it has the same movement and can readily be used to source replacement parts.

The watches will come with the brown leather strap pictured and two NATO straps, one in olive drab and another in blue with red stripes.

I'm asking $1000 for the two, shipping included as UPS 3 day for anywhere in the continental US. If you live abroad, I'm happy to discuss shipping options but might not be willing to cover it entirely depending on how quickly you'd like it.

Photos are hosted on Google in the link below, available in camera RAW and as jpeg copies. If you'd like specific photos to be taken, I can do so on request.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1T69h1qN48Q37MPp7

Messages In This Thread

FS: FS: 1970s Lanco Compressor and same model Donor
Price Reduction: 1970s Lanco Compressor and same model Donor
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE