The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Wittnauer 242T

Hello CTers -
I’ve reached my watch capacity, and with a recent purchase I am selling my Wittnauer 242T. I purchased the watch from another member of the forum in 2017. Since then has been worn sparingly and is in the same condition, with only a service in Dec 2017.

I agree with the original seller’s assessment (link below) that it is unpolished with a flawless dial, including full lume plots that match the hands, signed crown, sharp lugs and bevels. The only mark that stands out more than others is on the caseback, where prior to my owning someone slipped opening the case.
I am attaching the images from the original sale, which are better than I can do myself, but am happy to send as many and whatever additional images anyone would like - just shoot me a note.

If you have looked for these, you know that these watches are extremely difficult to find in great shape, particularly the hand lume, which usually shows excessive aging/discoloration (or simply missing lume), with some being relumed completely (and not well).

I am asking $10.6k, which is roughly what I paid plus service. I believe this is a fair price.
If you don’t agree, feel free to make an offer. :D

Original post here:
http://chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=79798

Happy to provide references upon request, or additional images or information.

Thanks Jeff/CT for the space-
Norm

Wittnauer 242T / 8024
Circa 1960s
Movement: Valjoux 72
Case: 38mm
Lugs: 20mm
Inside caseback: 8024 242T

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE