The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Serviced Breitling Ref. 814, Venus 178, B+P, rare fullset

I want to sell a real rare nice fullset of a Breitling Ref. 814 chronograph from the year 1971.
The watch comes serviced (march, 2019), with box (with little defects, loose hinges), hangtag, pricetag (455 DM), certificate international (may, 1971) and world service book, invoice of service.
Never seen such a fullset of this watch.

The Breitling Ref. 814 is a nice chronograph with a great handwind columnwheel movement.
The diameter without crown is 38mm.
The movement is a Venus 178, same movement as in the old navitimern.
The watch should be all original, only the crystal has been replaced (with a fitting one).
It is signed four times (crown, dial, movement and case)
The case has little scratches, but you can see the original sunlight finish on the surface.
Dial looks good, so does the caseback (with reference number and serial visible).
The lume is original in the hands and on the dial.
Crown is original and signed.
Movement is a red-golden Venus 178 with Breitling signed bridge.

Over all a set, that I have not seen again since my 15 years of collecting.

Price: I have found a few of this watches sold at Ebay and other sites, but none of them with box and papers.
They have been sold between €2k-€2.5k.
I think, for this serviced Breitling Ref. 814 incl. box and papers, a price of 2250 Euro would be more than fair.
Payment with banktransfer or (with references) with Paypal (please add 4%).
Would prefer a EU deal.
Lots of references ihere, in german uhrforum.de and WUS.

Thanks for the place, Jeff!

Best regards,
Peter

Messages In This Thread

FS: Serviced Breitling Ref. 814, Venus 178, B+P, rare fullset
Re:On hold!! *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE