The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Aquastar 63, Blue Dial version

Hi All,

for sale my Aquastar '63 (1701) diver, with the very desirable blue dial. You can read more about this model here: https://www.fratellowatches.com/aquastar-63-diver/

The dial is the big wow factor on this one: The overal soleillage is insane, and the contrast with the homogeneously patinated indices just pops like crazy. It's a true little wonder that is remarkably well preserved, there are two dots in the lower half though close to the 6 o'clock index, but I have to admit I never noticed them before I took pictures... If the case has been polished, it has been done remarkably well. It is only showing minor wear signs and hairlines with sharp edges and a nice side brushing. The caseback is superb, no idiot marks for once and that's great because the design rocks. The Nato that is on the pictures will be sold with the watch as the perfect chromatic companion.

The watch functions properly and tells good vintage time, the crown turns the inner bezel like it should. The overall mechanism, be it the bezel, the adjustment, or the winding does feel a bit "dry", a service would be a good idea if you are going to wear it often.

Specs:
Case size: 37.5mm ex. crown
Crystal: Plexi
Caliber: 1700/01, automatic, can be manually wound, date
Crown: Signed
Lug width: 19mm
Bracelet: 19mm bi-color Nato that has seen 5ds of use max and fits perfect.
To note: When winding the watch the inner divers bezel rotates along. This winding feature is intended by design.

Price: I would like to get 1000CHF / 1000USD / 900EUR / 800GBP (other currencies available upon request) including fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my bank account, net to me. This is a bargain if you compare it vs the usual suspects which are way into 4 digit prices territory for not-as-nice ones. If you are out of WE then let's talk about how to keep additional shipping fees reasonable.

Payment: By bank wire only. I use both Transferwise and Revolut to save you on fees, so it mostly just looks like a “local” wire to you regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (US buyers, I'm looking at you here...). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a CHF50 discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you, and the beer is on me. No paypal, no bank checks.

Returns: no returns unless proved non-original Aquastar (which is not the case - so no returns at all, really :D)

References: I was "Lonestar" here on CT but somehow my account has died, not sure why… and I can’t reactivate it (if a mod wants to help, thanks in advance). Look me up on omegaforums as Lonestar. Plenty of references available from around the world as a buyer and seller. I also know some of the regular WE users of this board and the other forums personnally, I can have them vouch for me if this helps.

Regards,
Paul – jemontremamontre at gmail dot com or “Lonestar” on OF.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Aquastar 63, Blue Dial version
Re: FS: Aquastar 63, Blue Dial version
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE