The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Omega Speedmaster Straight Writing Apollo XI

I've been on a real acquisition tear lately, and need to make some tough decisions about what stays and what I should let go of. This one is probably better off with a collector, as it's exceedingly rare and is probably not going to get much wrist time from me.

It's a 145.022-69, 31.6M serial which is the proper range for these. Has one of the most gorgeous stepped dials I've ever seen, and original tritium hands in great condition with slightly darker lume than the dial. The bezel is nearly flawless, and the case is in great shape (though I believe it to have been lightly polished in the past). Remarkably, the caseback retains most of its black paint in the text - a true rarity for these. It has its original crown and plexiglas crystal as well.

I bought the watch with the intention to enjoy it, so I had it serviced last month. I don't have a receipt, but I can guarantee the movement operation for 1 year. I also have an Extract of the Archives; the digital copy states a July 1, 1971 delivery to Japan (7/1/71 :D) and the paper copy is hopefully on the way (they are tough to get in the US).

Values for these are tough to pin down - there's not even another example available on Chrono24. There's one up on eBay for 15k, but it has a bracelet and is also maybe priced high so I'd like to ask $12,195 US which would include fully insured overnight shipping. I can also meet in the SF Bay Area.

Because I'm selling to raise funds for other incoming watches, I can only accept returns on it if it's not as described; please consider the photos as part of the description. As before, I am more than glad to take any further photos you'd like! I'm also considering some trades, but would prefer trade value to be lower - again, I'm only selling this awesome watch because I need to raise some funds :/

I'm a wearer / collector, not a dealer, but I have made some sales in the past which you can find feedback for by searching my username. I also use "abrod520" on Instagram where you're welcome to reach out to me if that's an easier platform for you.

Thanks!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE