The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Mido Powerwind 5907 Rainbow Diver *PIC*

Offering this iconic diver for sale. This watch needs no introduction, if you know what it is, you know they don’t come up for sale very often. And as I dive watch, they frequently have damaged dials. This one has a beautiful all original dial with only very minor imperfections near the center between 9:00-10:00. Other than that, it’s just an incredible looking piece. Case is in nice shape, original bezel is not dented or damaged, it’s very nice. The crown is NOT original but I believe this. Town is easy to source. The movement is nice and clean, I don’t have a pic of movement as it is a real project to get to the movement on these, it’s accessed from the front, only a watchmaker could do it properly. But I guaranty it’s in nice shape, all original, and running properly. I’ve worn it now and then and it keeps excellent time.

Now about the hands...the hands are the same as Mido Ocean Star hands, not the hands you usually see on this watch. If you do a little internet research on this watch, you will find several pieces with this exact set of hands. I don’t think that’s coincidence. I think, as well as many other collectors, that there may have been some of these produced with this set of hands. There are just too many with this set of hands floating around. And they look great on this watch. I’m taking this into consideration in offering it at an aggressive price. In this condition they typically sell for $7-$9K.

Really hoping for a US sale using USPS but willing to consider other options if you are serious and willing to cover the cost for FedEx. You can check my eBay feedback under username piecesofthegame. If you are a scammer, please don’t bother, don’t waste my time or yours, the money must be in hand before the watch ships, no questions asked.

Offered at $5800 or close and reasonable offer. Willing to discuss on the phone with anyone who is serious. Just email me. More pics on request.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Mido Powerwind 5907 Rainbow Diver *PIC*
Re: FS: Mido Powerwind 5907 Rainbow Diver
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE