The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Girard Perregaux 1960 ref. 2499 Carré Cambré Chronograph

For sale from my personal collection is this lovely 100% original Girard Perregaux 1960 ref. 2499 Carré Cambré
This watch sticks out from the crowd, the Swiss describe this type of case as “Carré Cambré”, “Cambered Square” and it mostly reminds me of a cushion shaped case yet it is different, sharp chamfered edges, the lugs and sides are brushed while the bezel is polished. The case has never been polished and has got all of its sharp edges. Although 13.9mm thickness might sound like a lot, it isn’t because the cool bubble domed sapphire crystal is already 2.5mm by itself. The watch wears incredibly comfortable. Square pushers and a “GP” signed crown are found on the right side of the case
But the one thing that really does the trick for me is the black guilloche dial! Guilloche (also called engine-turning) is a decorating technique in which intricate geometric patterns are engraved onto watch parts like dials and cases. Lines are etched into the part via a hand-operated lathe, either in straight lines or in circles. The end result here is an eye-popping dial that really comes to life when the light changes, see those lines, see the dial colour change from dark black to charcoal and back. Hard to catch on photos but so cool in real life.
The silver indices and 6 and 12 o’clock markers are applied and shine bright when light falls on them. Outside of the dial sits a white railroad track, both compaxes have a railroad track and the dial has got three contrasting red prints. Beatufiful silver syringe hour and minute hands filled with lume and a silver chrono hand with a counterweight.
The 2499 is a beautiful watch and really rare, just 130 examples made with a black dial and 183 with a white dial.
Inside ticks Girard Perregaux’s GP 022C0-Q0VSS automatic chronograph calibre.
The watch keeps the time well and the chrono starts, stops and resets like it should.

The watch comes on a brand new 21mm Kaufmann leather strap which tapers down to 18mm at the buckle.
Please don’t look at the photos too much as I am a bad photographer and every knack and scratch (yes, a used watch) has been highlighted.
Since my collection has gotten too large again it is time to make some choices, so this rare bird may leave.

$1,995
If you have any question regarding the watch please send me a DM and I will answer as soon as possible.

Diameter without crown: 38.1mm
Diameter with crown: 41.7mm
Length: 49.2mm
Thickness: 13.9 mm including a 2.5mm Bubble Domed Sapphire Crystal
Caliber: GP 022C0-Q0VSS
Lug Width: 21mm

I am a collector who sometimes has to sell a watch from his collection so that is does not get too large, therefor I am a private seller, I am a regular at Chronocentric, Uhrforum, WUS and the Dutch horlogeforum, there is plenty feedback obtainable.

Photos are thumbnails and clickable!

And from watchprosite a few better pics of another one, the guilloche clearly visible:

Messages In This Thread

FS: Girard Perregaux 1960 ref. 2499 Carré Cambré Chronograph
SOLD
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE