The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: RARE 1133B MONACO TRANSITIONAL -- Informal Auction

For sale my Monaco 1133B Transitional, serial number #158192, mint dial, hands and case, on blue Corfam strap with Sun Heuer buckle.

In the registry of approximately 30 of the early Monacos from 1968 and 1969 (Chronomatic and Transitional), this is one of only six watches that is listed as having a "Mint" dial; so this is one of the very best early Monacos you will ever see. Here is the link to this Registry -- http://www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/early-monaco-serials/4574992144" This watch is in mint condition, as you can see in the pictures.

Market is changing very quickly on these rare pieces so I decided to let it determine the price by seeking best offer over €12.500 Euros, through the same style of "informal auction" as we had two weeks ago.

I will keep this informal auction open for one week - it will end 26th night (GMT time). However I reserve the right to accept an offer earlier, to extend the time period for offers, or to decline all offers if I believe that the high bid is not fair for this piece.

Watch runs perfect - Cal 11 with serviced and updated date change fix. The date on the early Monacos (Cal 11) often does not change properly.

Below are the details of how this informal auction will end:

• Auction ends Wednesday March 26th, at 11:59pm (GMT Time)
  • Please have your best offer in by Wednesday March 26th, 3:00 PM (GMT Time). After reviewing the offers at that time, I will announce the highest offer. Whoever makes this high offer will be the only person, who receives ONE opportunity to respond to the highest other offer that is received by the end of the auction (11:59pm).
  • Anyone may place a bid between 3:00 and 12:00 (midnight), but only the high bidder at 3:00 will have the right to match any bid that tops his 3:00 bid. Therefore, this process will narrow it down to TWO people.
No offer received past 11:59 pm (GMT time) will be accepted or acknowledged.

I will publicly announce the high bid once every 24 hrs or so if necessary. If there is no update then the price posted previously remains as the high bid.

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL33_zps40dca45c.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL30_zps71b61509.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL29_zpsa99d787e.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL25_zps4a21d494.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL24_zps7cf99911.jpg

photo MONACOTRNSITIONAL23_zpsb6a0ee5d.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL23_zps36af8090.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL21_zps6d62a31f.jpg

photo TRANSITIONAL-23_zps38a56ff5.jpg

photo TRANSITIONAL-12_zps8b73f2e1.jpg

photo TRANSITIONAL-22_zpse48ad6ba.jpg

photo TRANSITIONAL-17_zpse692ec7a.jpg

photo TRANSITIONAL-5_zps7376c04e.jpg

photo TRANSITIONAL-10_zps8603c182.jpg

photo TRANSITIONAL-24_zps1ccd787d.jpg

photo HEUERBLUECORFAM_zps1ea0d6c7.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL20_zps23093078.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL1_zpsac808bb1.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL5_zpsb3275a2e.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL6_zpsc39efeb6.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL31_zpsc3d65beb.jpg

photo MONACOTRANSITIONAL15_zpsecc70778.jpg

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE