The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Aquadive Bathyscape 100

I've managed to secure some 70's vintage dive watches of late, so the Aquadive is not getting much of a look in.

The watch is pretty well mint and comes with both the "logo'd" Isofrane and the mesh bracelet complete with with box & papers.

Nicely packaged in a good quality box, with a test certificate for the movement, spare spring-bars for the strap and a DVD instruction manual.

The case is 43mm diameter; 15mm thick and 49mm lug to lug. It's a hefty watch at 220g with the bracelet according to our kitchen scales.

The fine mesh bracelet is very comfortable - has a wet suit extension and removable link sections near the clasp as well as 3 adjustment holes on the clasp itself. The watch doesn't come with the mesh bracelet pictured on Aquadive's website - I think they used some Omega mesh bracelets for the photo's.

The case design dates back to the 70's it's CNC machined from a solid block of stainless steel with a mostly brushed finish. The HEV valve is neatly located between the lower set of lugs. The caseback is a solid stainless screw-in with the Aquadive logo, model and serial numbers, and water resistance having been neatly engraved.

The signed, but unguarded crown is large, projecting about 5mm from the case. It feels very substantial but might be of concern to a serious diver although the lack of crown guards is consistent with the 70’s styling. The crown is relatively high in the case side (a function of the selected movement) so it doesn't dig into the back of my hand when wearing the watch. The crown is easy to grip, and operates nicely with a quality feel.

The bezel is easy to grip and moves precisely. I like lumed bezels and the lume is very good with the glow appearing to come from deep inside the ceramic insert. Perhaps not the brightest, but very long lasting.

I assume they selected the ETA 2836 rather than a 2824 because of its dimensions, since there is no day display despite the 36 having that functionality.
The sapphire crystal is perfectly flat and flush with the bezel with anti-reflective coating on the inside.

Overall, this is a very nicely finished watch, especially considering it's a limited edition of 500.

My watch was first supplied in November 13.

Specs / manufacturers data here

http://shop.aquadive.com/copy-of-aquadive-bathyscaphe-100-stainless-steel-on-german-made-mesh-bracelet/

Both time keeping and power reserve are good.

I'm asking £1,100 (net to me) by Bank transfer which will include RMSD UK postage - UK deal preferred.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Aquadive Bathyscape 100
Re: FS: Aquadive Bathyscape 100
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE