The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FSOT: Rare Omega 30T2RG in solid Rose Gold, Scientific/Sector dial

Hi folks,

This is a rare catch... its a catch and release for me as I realised that I do not wear much dress watches... It is a pity to have it stay pretty in a safe.

If you know this watch, you will know what you are looking at.

This is arguably, possibly the best looking dial ever designed by Omega in the early 1940s. This is the most desirable variant of the sector/ scientific dial with sweep second hand, and in rose gold, which is rather rare. This case reference is a CK 2365.

The hands are rose gold as well, together with the dial markers etc. The case was probably polished once, but looks (damn) crisp sharp, with the hallmarks super visible at both sides of the watch (one at the side of the case, and the other at the side of lugs). The blued second hand simply adds a beautiful contrast to the watch... Just gorgeous. Even non-watch collector compliment how beautiful this watch looks and when I tell them that the watch is almost 80 years of age, the usual response is, wow.

The movement of the watch is the famed work horse 30T2RG (with the special high grade regulator). The movement looks like it is almost unmolested, untouched for many many years. I am unsure of the service history, but movement looks really clean, (look at the reflection and finishing of the rachet wheel). There are many parts of the 30T2RG that are more well refinded and finished versus the common 30T2.

This hunt took me almost a decade of finding... google around, search around, you will not see another for sale any time soon. This is a rare find, the real deal and it is for sale.

Here are the exact photos of the watch:

I am asking for USD 3,800 (or an offer I cannot refuse) or I don't mind a square trade (or trade down) for a watch. I am only keen in Rolexes, vintage Omegas, Panerais, at the moment.

Please email me (do not PM) at reficul_x AT yahoo DOT com
If the above photos are not loading, means watch has gone to a good home.

A decade of trade references will be provided upon request.

Messages In This Thread

FSOT: Rare Omega 30T2RG in solid Rose Gold, Scientific/Sector dial
Re: FSOT: Rare Omega 30T2RG in solid Rose Gold, Scientific/S
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE