The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage LeJour PVD triple register Chronograph Valjoux 7750

Clean and presentable Vintage LeJour PVD Chronograph - Triple Register Valjoux 7750 DAY/DATE

This chronograph watch has a beautiful black dial with hour markers that are aged perfectly with the right amount of patina. All the PVD is there with a exception of slightly missing next to 4 o'clock as seen in the pictures, these Vintage PVD watches look like they are flat gunmetal grey instead of shiny black seen on modern watches. The crown shows some pitting. The case back has a slightly deep scratch from either previous owner or a careless watchmaker, I tried opening it to take pics but it does budge didn't want more scratches. The watch takes 19mm straps but I managed to fit this barely used 20mm Rally strap to the watch using 19mm spring bars.

The only fault or flaw in the watch is the crystal it is scratched, which can be replaced I attempted to polish the crystal a long time ago which gave me decent result. Its slightly foggy or milky at certain angels but it’s hard to capture by camera and it not visible in most angles it also does not affect legibility or visibility. But its has fine scratches all over the crystal.

Unknown service history, but watch works well and all chronograph functions work and reset as they should.

As you might already know the Valjoux 7750 is one of the most well-known and by far the most successful chronograph caliber of all time it has been used for over 30 years on most of the leading brands such as IWC, Tudor, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Baume & Mercier, Monte Blanc, Fortis, Bell & Ross, Omega among many others.

Watch details:
Case - PVD coating
Case Diameter - 40.3mm (43 mm with crown)
Case Back - PVD
Crystal - Mineral (scratched)
Strap - 20mm Black Rally Strap (19mm is the lug size)
Movement - Valjoux 7750

As this is a Vintage time piece it does not come with guarantees and sold as is. The watch keeps good time but I have not timed it for accuracy. I tend to overstate the watch faults to protect myself in case of picky buyers. Normally the watch turns up better than expected of my description. I did my best to describe this amazing watch as best as I could, Feel free to ask for any details.

$495 (Net to me)

I accept PayPal and Money Transfer. Will ship internationally - plenty of reference available

Does not come with box or papers, Your getting the Watch and the Strap only

These are also known as Poor man Heuers as it is identical to Heuer and Porsche Design this was made by Orfina in the same factories the only difference was the branding on the dial, and now this is a fraction of the price of a Heuer or Porsche Design.

I’m a watch collector and have a many vintage watches and this needs a new home.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage LeJour PVD triple register Chronograph Valjoux 7750
SOLD *NM*
Reduced to $400 *NM*
Lowered to $450 Net OBRO
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE