The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Go with a colorful braided tropical band as summer nears

Type of 1-piece nylon band that kicked off the whole James Bond NATO band craze. Just got some interesting new colors in. Popular tropical type vintage nylon bands from the 1960s now available in khaki green, grey, royal blue and oxblood. All bands are available with silver or gold buckles. These are in addition to the braided ones I stock in red, sand, navy blue, brown and black. Very limited stock that will go quickly.

These vintage nylon bands are hard to find in the braided style in these colors. I have just a few of each shown, so don't miss out on these special tropical, woven bands. Email me at billmahoney@aol.com to see more pictures of a certain color or to find out about the striped, regimental vintage nylon bands I also have in stock.

These are NOS from the 1960s. Great strap for fixed lug military watches or spring bar designs. These bands measure 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 inches inches long (21.5cm) with the buckle included. Closed at the longest, with just enough tail to go through the keeper as shown in the above picture, the wearable space measures about 6 1/2 to 7 inches. Then the watch lugs will take away a bit of space. The tang slips in anywhere right into the braided fabric for a very comfortable fit.

The sizes and colors include some really unique options for your 18mm WWWs and 19mm fixed lug watches such as Benrus Type I, Benrus Type II and Marathon Navigators. These will work on any spring bar watch as well.

SIZES & COLORS:

BLACK - 17.3mm, 18mm, 19mm
BROWN - 17.3mm, 18mm 19mm, 20mm
KHAKI GREEN - 17.3mm, 18mm
GRAY - 17.3mm, 18mm, 19mm, 20mm
OXBLOOD - 18mm, 19mm
SAND - 19mm
NAVY BLUE - 17.3mm, 18mm, 19mm
MEDIUM BLUE - 18mm (slightly lighter than navy)
PURPLE BLUE - 18mm
RED - 18mm

The bands are 1.2mm thick, so they'll fit on a slightly smaller lug size than the exact size listed as well.

Price is $24.99 each, plus $2.99 shipping. International buyers add $7.99 for international shipping.

Combo deals:
2 bands for $49.99 including shipping anywhere
3 bands for $69.99 including shipping anywhere

Paypal to billmahoney@aol.com or mail payments accepted. I have many references here. Thanks - Bill Mahoney

I also have these nylon bands with colorful stripes. Look at the pictures below. Those bands are listed at www.Squinky.com and I have just a few in each color.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE