The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Sekonda/ Strela 3017 Cosmo Chronograph "Astronaut"

Hi Folks,

Here is a watch that needs no further introduction. If you like to read up more on this watch, you can visit this webpage:
http://www.strela-watch.de/company/strela-history/

On sale today is a superb example of a piece of important Russian history, the Sekonda/ Strela 3017 Cosmo 2 registers chronograph with column wheel.

Case is unpolished, and looks like it was not really worn much since it was made in the 60s! Amazing condition. Look at the sides of the case with the beautiful deep brushing finishes.

The dial is almost perfectly 99% mint. This is possibly one of the best you can ever find on sale. The matching hands are mint too, which can be hard to find in superb condition as well.

The hand winding movement column wheel chronograph works perfect (Venus clone), resets to zero and keeps great time. It was last serviced last year, somewhere in November 2013.

Overall, nothing much to fault about other than a new generic crystal being installed last year.

Here are the photos of the actual watch:

photo DSC_0061_zpsc88f2000.jpg
 photo DSC_0063_zps1b837f92.jpg
 photo DSC_0065_zps09fd345a.jpg
 photo DSC_0066_zpsb2b6837c.jpg
 photo DSC_0067_zps2d00ce4f.jpg
 photo DSC_0068_zps71fa09a1.jpg
 photo DSC_0070_zps62eddb68.jpg
 photo DSC_0073_zpsa8f59556.jpg
 photo DSC_0074_zpsbba326b2.jpg
 photo DSC_0075_zps667830f2.jpg
 photo DSC_0076_zps8e4e6f6e.jpg
 photo DSC_0078_zpsef6a727e.jpg
 photo DSC_0079_zps3617a33b.jpg
 photo DSC_0080_zps05911ab9.jpg
 photo DSC_0081_zpse6bcb77f.jpg

Recently another nice Strela was sold at well over USD 1k!

Here is the ebay number to the sold piece: 271480811241

I am asking for USD 900 shipped to your doorstep.
I will include a brand NEW unworn nato strap (As above) to the watch.

Paypal is ok if you pay me in SGD equivalent (please use Xe Currency to do the conversion) and we share the fees.
I will prefer bank wire transfer (AND I will add in the above Hirsch Codura strap, extra hole punched but brand new).

Please email me at reficul_x AT yahoo DOT com and try not to use the PM function please.

If the above photos do not load, means it has gone to a new home.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Sekonda/ Strela 3017 Cosmo Chronograph "Astronaut"
More photos taken under natural light here
REDUCED to USD 850... OBRO *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE