The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: PRICE DROP: 1961 Rolex 1675 GMT-Master, Gilt Gloss Dial

Selling this great GMT on behalf of a friend with my 100% backing. I am in possession of the watch and will handle the shipping; payment will go directly to him.

Up for sale is this classic and early reference 1675 GMT-Master with Excellent original gilt/gloss Minute Track dial and pointed crown guards case in overall Excellent vintage condition. This rare configuration of GMT features a 695,k SN and an inner caseback date/quarter stamp of II.61, as well as the ghost of the Exclamation Point lume dot below "6". It also has a wonderfully faded pink and blue Pepsi insert and rare 1st generation "buzz saw" bezel. All in all, this is a very honest example of a highly desirable GMT-Master that, unlike so many, has not been messed with.

The asking price for this iconic Vintage Rolex GMT is now further DROPPED to $14,650 USD OBRO including fully insured shipping worldwide. Payment is by Bank Wire only and directly to my consignor on this transaction. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting. Please contact me at tomvox1@hotmail.com for all inquiries.

CASE & BACK: The all-steel case of this GMT is easily in overall Excellent vintage condition with some light cosmetic scratches but no real dings to speak of. The case shows evidence of an older polish and maybe done by Rolex as the characteristic chamfers are still present, albeit softened through the years. Definitely not overpolished, though, and the lugs are still quite thick. 695,xxx SN is crisp and the model number is legible despite some bracelet marks between the lugs. The caseback is in similar Excellent condition with some older tool marks and the typical light scratches. The inner caseback is dated "II.61," perfectly matching the SN and fairly early in 1675 production, and there are multiple service marks. Both the inner back and caseback have negligible corrosion.

DIAL & HANDS: Beautiful early SWISS-only gilt/gloss dial with highly desirable Minute Track and Exclamation Point lume dot which has faded out but still visible--can we call it a "ghost dot"? ;) There is some hard-to-see “pimpling” to the gloss surface of the dial giving it a bit of a matte effect. This is more pronounced along the left-half edge by the minute track, giving that arc a very subtle “frosted” appearance. There is also a slight circular pattern around the center post. So by my tough standards, the dial is in Excellent condition. I can also safely say that it is super attractive with all gilt printing shining brightly including the lovely Tulip coronet and all original large Tritium lume dots present and showing a very pleasing patina. The hands appear original and also have their original matching Tritium fill, as does the characteristic red “Mini” GMT hand. These original hands show light corrosion under a loupe and are in Excellent condition. Original open "6" & "9" date disc is also present and accounted for and showing patina.

CROWN: The signed Twinlock crown screws down tightly and pulls out to the winding and time-setting positions exactly as designed.

CRYSTAL: Angled-bevel acrylic Cyclops crystal has only some minor marks and one nick to the edge near "2"--Excellent condition with strong date magnification.

BEZEL & INSERT: Original early iteration “buzz saw” bidirectional bezel with extremely pronounced pyramidal knurling is Near Mint. Dual time zone Pepsi bezel insert has faded to a lovely magenta and cobalt blue hue, with the red portion being even pinker in real life than the pix. The insert is in Excellent condition with only a couple of light scratches/nicks. Most of these early wide-tooth bezels have long been replaced with the more common scalloped version, and of course the same goes for the early style insert. The bezel rotates firmly in both directions for calculation of the second time zone in conjunction with the 24-hour hand.

MOVEMENT: This 1675 features the legendary cal. 1565 GMT 25-jewel non-hack chronometer grade movement (marked "1560" on the bridge, as is common) adjusted to 5 positions and temperature with classic original Butterfly rotor. This GMT was last serviced approximately two years ago by the same Master Watchmaker that I use so it is good to go for several more years. It is running very well with all functions-- timekeeping, instantaneous date change circa midnight, synchronized 24-hour GMT hand-- working exactly as they should. I guarantee this to be the case when the watch is shipped.

BRACELET: This GMT comes on a very tight rolled-link Swiss Jubilee bracelet with "55" endpieces. It will fit up to about a 7 3/4" wrist at full length. This Jubilee has no real stretch and only some minor scratches to the clasp, easily Excellent condition.

Having opened the watch to take pictures and then re-sealed it with only my hand wrench, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this GMT. Have it tested by your watchmaker and then go nuts.

This great Vintage Rolex is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: PRICE DROP: 1961 Rolex 1675 GMT-Master, Gilt Gloss Dial
Re: FS: PRICE DROP: 1961 Rolex 1675 GMT-Master, Gilt Gloss D
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE