The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: BLOW OUT: Rare Vintage IWC Porsche Design Ocean 2000 B&P

Selling part of a friend's collection with my 100% backing. I am in possession of the watch and will handle the shipping; payment will go directly to him. Trade offers for 50% or more of the value of the watch + cash will also be considered.

Up for sale or trade is this rare vintage reference 3524-01 IWC Porsche Design Ocean 2000 diver in titanium with matching integrated bracelet. This cult design classic is the civilian version of the legendary Bund-issued military watch and features the same iconic avant-garde case and bracelet. This circa mid-90s example is a real collector's dream because it comes with its original outer box, inner round leather zipped case, International Warranty card plus instruction, service and guarantee booklets and bracelet sizing tool. Adding to the excellent provenance, the watch also comes with service papers from IWC Hong Kong in 2009 and Superior Watch Service in Brooklyn from 2012. This well maintained and scarce Ocean 2000 is in overall Near Mint condition.

This remarkably complete and outstanding IWC Ocean 2000 is now being BLOWN OUT for a super low $5,950 USD OBRO including fully insured shipping worldwide. If the deal is international I may have to ship the accessories separate from the watch in which case shipping would then be a little extra. Payment is by Bank Wire only and directly to my consignor on this transaction. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting. Please contact me at tomvox1@hotmail.com for all inquiries.

CASE & BACK: This is the large Ocean model and its 3-piece titanium case with screwed back and unidirectional rotating elapsed time bezel measures 43mm wide (not including crown). According to the IWC service papers, they lightly refurbished the case but all edges seem quite sharp to me. Furthermore, the case, back and bezel show extremely few marks from use and so I'd have to rate these elements as in Near Mint condition. Complete 2.6 million case serial number is present on the caseback. Having been recently serviced and pressure tested, I have chosen not to open the back but I guarantee that everything is as it should be on the inside. The diver's bezel with highly luminous triangle and grippable alternating pattern rotates firmly with a pleasing ratcheting action and only in the counterclockwise direction, as designed. There are some very faint scuff marks near the lume triangle but these are far easier seen in the photos than in real life so the bezel is also Near Mint.

DIAL & HANDS: Beautiful matte black dial double-signed Porsche Design by IWC with ultra-legible, stylized luminous markers is flawless and Mint. According to the service papers, the dial was replaced along with the hands in 2009 and so I assume the luminous material is now Luminova, as the watch is quite light reactive and glows like a torch for maximum utility underwater. Highly luminous hour and minute hands are also service replacements, as is the red tipped sweep seconds and all are likewise in Mint condition.

MOVEMENT: Caliber 37521 (heavily modified ETA 2892) 22-jewel full rotor movement with hacking seconds and quickset date. As stated above this movement was last fully overhauled in 2012 by Superior Watch in New York, an official IWC service center. It is running strong and keeping excellent time with all functions operating as they should. Since the watch was also pressure tested at this service I have chosen not to open it for pictures. Guaranteed to be running well at the time of shipment.

CROWN: Correct unsigned water resistant screw down titanium crown shows very little wear, Near Mint condition. The crown screws down tightly to the case and unscrews to wind the movement and pulls out first to the quickset date and then the hack time-setting positions exactly as it should.

CRYSTAL: Low dome curved sapphire crystal is flawless and Mint.

BRACELET: This great Ocean 2000 comes on its equally well-regarded integrated titanium bracelet with multiple removable links. This is the later style of this bracelet with the one long removable pin per link and since the watch was sold in 1996 it could well be original to the watch at that late date. The bracelet is in Excellent+ condition with virtually no stretch and only very minor marks from use. The bracelet is currently sized for an approximately 7.5" wrist and it comes with 5 extra links (might require some new pins/bushings for maximum length as some of the removed ones are a bit bent).

EXTRAS: As you can see by the pictures, this IWC is extraordinarily complete and comes with its original cardboard outer box (showing wear), inner round leather zipped padded watch holder, the 3 original booklets in their cardboard holder, original bracelet pin removal tool, original International Guarantee card from purchase, warranty card from the 2009 IWC HK service and paperwork from same and the paperwork from the Superior Watch service in 2012. Simply amazing provenance for the most discriminating collector!

Despite the fact that this watch passed a pressure test in 2012, I personally make NO guarantees for its water resistance in any way, shape or form. Please have your watchmaker re-test it before using it for diving or any other aquatic activities.

This classic and 100% genuine vintage IWC Ocean 2000 is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE