The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Monnin 844 (Early)

For sale is my gorgeous Heuer Monnin 844 automatic diver. This is an early model — with the rare, first execution bezel and a low serial number engraved on the case back.

This watch was serviced by James Hyman in June of this year and is runs perfectly. The bezel does not snap to the case, however, I am missing the spring necessary to attach it. Full details below.

Dial/hands/bezel:
Gorgeous glossy black dial looks brand new. The lume plots still glow super-bright when placed under bright light. Red indices identify military time.

The hands are original to the watch. Note the sought after cathedral hour hand.

The bezel is the rare first-execution version, featuring tick marks around to the 30. It is not mounted on the watch. If you have the spring necessary or are able to fabricate it, you'll be in good shape and you'll get a good deal here.

Case:
Terrific case that I don’t think has ever been polished. Mr. Hyman cleaned the case in an ultrasonic bath.

Case back is engraved with the reference and serial numbers: 844 and 1402, respectively.

Crystal:
Brand new crystal installed during service. Flawless.

Crown:
Crown is original to the watch and winds extra tight with the installation of new seals.

Movement:
Felsa 4611A movement inside. Cleaned, oiled and regulated during service.

Band/buckle:
Watch will come on a great black and red NATO strap that matches the black/red dial.

October 2013 servicing:
As indicated, I had this watch serviced by James Hyman in June 2014. The movement was cleaned and oiled, the case was cleaned and new seals were installed.

This near-perfect Monnin is priced at $1500. If you have the bezel spring, this could be a quick flip or a watch you'd enjoy for years to come. Free shipping within CONUS; I'll split international shipping at buyer's request.

Please e-mail me with any questions.

Thanks to Jeff/CT for this space.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Monnin 844 (Early)
Now SOLD!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE