The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Second style of rare 16mm vintage UG chronograph buckles

The first batch I offered here exclusively a few weeks ago are now sold out. These have a flatter U on the buckle for Universal Geneve.

These are difficult to find. Large 16mm inner opening 1950s/60s Universal Geneve buckles with the raised Universal symbol on them. Swiss Made vintage items. I sold these in mint condition for $150 each. The ones I am offering here all have pitting from the gold-plating reacting with the base metal, but they are New Old Stock never used buckles. Great candidates to get rose-gold plated to match your Universal pink gold chronograph instead of hunting forever for a rose gold buckle. With the 16mm opening, you can fit these on many modern bands or have a custom band made for your UG chrono that won't taper the way narrow buckle end UG bands often do. Easy and inexpensive to have these buckles replated in rose gold, yellow gold or even in silver to match steel chronographs, or wear them as is.

Price is $65 each offered only to OTD members until sold out.

SHIPPING: U.S. buyers pay $3.99 shipping & tracking. International buyers pay $7.99 for First Class Registered shipping or $27.99 for recorded Registered delivery to certain countries.

PAYMENT: Paypal to billmahoney@aol.com or mail payments by check or money order accepted.

Email me at billmahoney@aol.com if you need additional information.

I have many references here. Thanks - Bill Mahoney

In the Universal section at www.Squinky.com I have also just listed many other vintage Universal Geneve items, including NOS Universal vintage straps in crocodile, snakeskin, alligator, lizard, suede and leather. Plus some UG movements, vintage UG parts and other styles of Universal watch buckles. And more vintage Universal items are being listed each week.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE