The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: VERY RARE SILVER OMEGA CONSTELLATION f300 REF. 198.002

I am selling this fantastic and very rare 1971 Omega Constellation electronic f300 HZ ( ref. 198.002 ).
This is a very special watch and extremely difficult to find with this great silver dial.
Omega Constellations of the 1950s to the 1970s are becoming increasingly sought-after by collectors.

"Like many other watch companies in the seventies Omega used the ESA 9162 and the ESA 9164
tuning fork movements in many of its watches. The ESA 9162 / ESA 9184 movements are often considered the “Rolls Royce” of tuning fork movements.
The Omega watches employing these tuning fork movements were usually referred to as the ‘Omega f300′ models reflecting the frequency of the tuning fork."

http://electric-watches.co.uk/makers/omega/omega-f300-tuning-fork/omega-f300-constellation/

When I bought this watch it was in "New Old Stock" condition.
The watch had jusy been brought back to life after staying in a box since the middle of the seventies.
A new battery has been installed; watch also got a complete check-up; no signs of leaking battery liquid or whatsoever.

When I read something about the Omega "hummer" models 12 months ago I always wanted one.
But it seemed pretty difiicult to find one in a perfect condition. Not that long ago I was able to buy this one from a Belgian collector.
It has to go now to finance an Omega Seamaster "The true Jedi" restoration project.

The watch is very close to NOS. I wore it 4 or 5 times; the minor wear there would be in the plexi and case is due to storage.
Upper case has that beautiful sunburst graining; edges super sharp.
Dial and hands are 100% perfect; orginal lume; not spots.
Watch is 100% original; not one part has been changed apart from the little battery.
Mechanically the watch is perfect as well; keeping perfect time; changing date goes very smooth.

Model: ref. 198.002
Movement: Omega calibre 1250 = ESA 9162 ( date only )
Size: 39mm
Lug width: 20mm
Year: 1971

I just tried to find another ref 198.002 with the silver dial like mine and I could only find one ( chrono24 ).
Most of the Constellations you find are the gold version. The steel case version with silver dial seems almost impossible to find.
The Constellations you find are mostly priced well over 1000 euros and not in perfect condition.
I am selling the watch with a repro rally corfam made by Giuliano.

Price: 750 euros ( insured shipping and Giuliano strap included )

If the watch has any problem or is not 100% original I give a full refund.

Kind regards,
Bernard

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE