The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FSOT: Chronosport cal. 12 Orange Boy - NEW LOWER PRICE

NEW LOWER PRICE
I have reduced my asking price from € 2000 to € 1650 or £ 1200

I am trying to thin my collection of non Autavias and therefore have this watch for sale.

Case:
Big 43 mm cushion type case with 22 mm lug size. Unpolished with sharp edges and in fair condition.

Movement:
Kelek (JRGK) Cal. 12 that feels very crisp. Everything works as it should. Power reserve is around 48 hours. The picture shows the very clean movement. No service history. I will not sell the watch to someone who is just after the movement!

Dial:
Good condition with bright orange colour. There is a small dot just below the H in CHRONOGRAPH and slight discoloration on the white MPH scale.

Hands:
Good with bright orange colour. The orange colour is very prone to fading as seen on many Orange Boy Autavias.

Buckle:
16mm Certina acier inox swiss ”sun” type. The Certina logo is a good match for a Chronosport watch.

Strap:
Squinky Rodania 22/16 well worn.

Extras:
Comes with extra complete case, dial, hands and 6 original motorsport magazine full page Chronosport advertisements.

Rare?:
I have not been able to find any brochures or other documentation on this Chronosport model, but only 3 pieces are known. The two that are for sale here (I robbed the one of its movement – sorry!) and this one that was mentioned OTD back in 2008 by Kelly, who still owns it.
http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=25163

Chronosport history:
Through a lot of internet searching I got in contact with Pat Bernard who founded Chronosport back in the 1960’s. As you probably know he supplied wrist chronographs and stopwatches to a lot of racing teams, including several Formula 1 teams, as well as Red Arrows (RAF) and Blue Angels (US Navy and Marine Corps) aerobatic airplane demonstration teams.

Pat Bernard gave me the long and very interesting story of Chronosport, but he doesn’t want it published which I of cause respect. I will just give you this little teaser from his memories: “I got to know Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Bruce McLaren, Denny Hulme, Jack Brabham, Jochen Rindt, and many of the top drivers, and of course their team owners. I got on particularly well with Ken Tyrell and Colin Chapman, boss of Lotus”

I send him pictures of this watch and he could remember it, but not anything about how, when or why.

Price - Payment - Shipping:
Considering the rarity, history and condition of the watch I will accept offers around € 1650. The movement is worth around € 1000 so if I sell to low the watch might be robbed of its movement and I don’t want to see that happen.
Payment by bank wire or PayPal (+4%).
Shipping to be discussed. To some countries I can send insured very cheap with Danish Post.

Thanks for looking. Ask if you have any questions.
Peter, Denmark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE