The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FSOT: Heuer Carrera 3648S REDUCED

Dear Gentlemen,

Offered for sale is a Heuer Carrera 3648S from the sixties. (You can view the gallery at the link underneath.)
The watch in question is in a very decent condition, I would say the gold plate is in an excellent used condition for its age, the wear on edges is minimal and noticeable mostly on the lug ends on close inspection and pushers/crown, the dial is in a great preserved condition but let the many photos speak for themselves. The movement was serviced 2004 according to the watchmakers inscription on the backlid,it's clean, runs well and keeps time, chrono functions work as they are supposed to(minute register,resets to zero etc.) As most of vintage sport watches aquired from non-collectors, it has some easily fixable flaws I have to point out: the first is the plexi that is cracked at the edge between 10-12h and near the center point but it has not affected the condition of the chapter ring or dial, and the second aspect to fix is the reset pusher.It comes off, in best case it can be srewed back but in worst case the thread is gone and it needs to be replaced(normal wear for a chrono,it was not abused,dropped or similar). Regarding the originality of the crown,its shape and size absolutely matches the heuer unsigned crowns on earlier models and also the color and wear of the goldplate is identic to the pushers/case but these are my personal observations. Regarding other parts of the watch, I can state that the case,backlid,movement,dial and hands are the original ones not polished/redone/refurbished or similar that would affect its authenticity. The serial no. is 70xxx.
Original spare plexi and pushers are available,please contact me and I point you in the right direction. I didn't intended to get the flaws corrected because its a significant difference in the price if OEM or non-original spare parts are used so I leave the decision to the discretion of the future owner.

I made quite a few photos and two videos showing the functioning of the chrono functions, please see here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Z3KYgJxOhoWGxsa3A0dVp2OU0&usp=sharing

The asking price is REDUCED to $1550 / EUR 1350 obro

For any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regarding trade, I'm interested in: jlc memovox, tudor,eberhard, girard perregaux,universal or similar vintage but please offer me just all-authentic pieces

References on WUS(username saxoo), I've done last year 30-35 successfull international deals there and over the german Uhrforum,also 100% positive bay feedback, recently I made a deal here for a 2447 with a forum member.

Shipping worldwide, carrier per buyers request,I suggest DHL,insurance at buyers discretion.
Possible import duties and taxes are buyers responsibility.
Preferred payment method is with bank wire transfer USD or EUR but pp is also doable(+5%).
Face to face deal is always welcome (Vienna/Budapest or anywhere near or inbetween).

Communication is welcome over mail,phone,skype etc.

regards,
S

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE