The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: LAST call - Rare vintage LIP double retrograde sector watch

Hi folks,

I am helping a friend of mine to sell his double retrograde watch by LIP, a French watch company before they go down under during the quartz period.

This watch is rare, and even harder to find in good condition. Maybe 1 pops up for sale every year or every other year.
It has a fully functional double retrograde hands with quickset date.

The movement is relatively simple, ingenious and highly effective. Base movement is a robust 25j Duromat (German movement) which is found in many watches, such as Girard Perregaux, Laco, etc. The double retrograde function is made possible by mounting a effective and simple "crane" like module (found in some of the double retrograde movements from the 70s, such as the Wittnauer Futurama, Difor, etc) onto the Duromat movement.
Watch was serviced in Aug 2014.

There are a few watches that is made today, inspired by this watch. This design also closely resembled the 1950s prototype, Cobra made by Patek Philippe, to the modern Urwerk King Cobra CC1.

Here is the original advertisement for this watch:

photo lip_sectora_set_zpsfwuwwzt2.jpg

Here are the original photos of the watch I am selling for my friend and the watch that I owned personally:

photo IMG_2418_zpsm5hnnpmn.jpg
 photo IMG_2419_zpshxflyqjs.jpg
 photo IMG_2420_zpsopdlz0oo.jpg
 photo IMG_2421_zpsqybop0sh.jpg
 photo IMG_2422_zpsjycfy9jb.jpg
 photo IMG_2423_zpsygjoba98.jpg
 photo IMG_2424_zpssjusiirh.jpg
 photo IMG_2425_zpsrhahxgov.jpg
 photo IMG_2426_zpsoxsvyqvf.jpg
 photo IMG_2427_zps2qt2hyfs.jpg
 photo IMG_2429_zpsuvbtcvah.jpg
 photo IMG_2430_zpssrssz8vd.jpg
 photo IMG_2431_zpsmdhogkqx.jpg
 photo IMG_2434_zpspvepeebm.jpg

I am asking for a REDUCED reasonable USD 1,200 OR your best offer shipped to your doorstep.

Paypal is fine if you pay the fees, but bank wire preferred.

I can be reached at reficul_x AT yahoo DOT com

Please do not PM me as I will take longer time to reply.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE