The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Mint AUTAVIA 1163 Orange Boy

For those of you who do not know me or my collection of vintage pieces, I am a very picky collector and always on the hunt for highly desirable pieces. In addition, I VERY rarely sell any of my pieces, especially Heuer's. I believe this will be the first of my Heuer's I have ever sold, so let's see who the lucky buyer is.

As some of you might know, I sold my Omega Collection recently (on Crown & Caliber), to help fund purchases of strictly Heuer pieces. Since the sale, I have been on a fun shopping spree purchasing a variety of Heuer's. I recently came across a deal on twelve beautiful 60s Carrera's from a collector. With this great opportunity with the Carrera's (especially since I don't own any yet), I had no choice but to bite the bullet, and go forward with the purchase. This Carrera collection is setting me back quite a bit (if only my wife knew! LOL!), hence why I have decided to sell my Orange Boy to help fund this purchase. If I did not already own two other Orange Boys and have this Carrera opportunity, believe me, I would be keeping this amazingly perfect masterpiece.

So, let's get into the details of my recently serviced Heuer Autavia 1163 "Orange Boy". As many of you are aware, Orange Boys are very rare, and the number of known examples in the collector community are estimated to be less than 30 pieces. With Heuer's rising in price by the day (especially Autavia's), and the rarer pieces becoming impossible to find, this is your perfect opportunity to pickup one of the most desired Heuer's ever made (in mint condition, no really, it's MINT)!!!

This exceptional OB (Orange Boy) is currently in Belgium with Abel (HeuerTime), having gone through a "spa" treatment with the master himself. The photos are credited to Abel of the actual watch and it is ready to be shipped anywhere in the world!

Details:

Serial: 242xxx (clearly visible on case and the reference number is clearly visible on case as well)

Movement: Heuer Caliber 12 - excellent condition, just serviced by Abel two weeks ago

Dial: Excellent condition, orange markers are in great shape, and still bright, lume dots intact. Dial is all original, with no work done to it.

Hands: Original brushed steel HM hands with orange insert. Only the OB has these orange lined hands, won't find these on any other Heuer's.

Bezel: Original overall great condition - hard to find these in good condition.

Case: Excellent condition, starburst finish, very sharp edges. The case was perfected by Abel, so if you have seen his work, then you know what to expect! :)

Crystal: Excellent condition

Bracelet: Heuer beads of rice GF bracelet with clasp

Function: Recently serviced by Abel, so it keeps great time - runs smoothly, chronograph function works perfectly, start stops and resets to zero.

Price: Please submit offers, will only consider offers over $10k USD. Please submit your best offer, b/c I prefer not to go back and forth with people. Appreciate it! :)

Please take a look at the pictures below, to appreciate this rare beauty and the quality of the watch.

You can also view more photos of the OB at my photo gallery by going to the following link: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-pbvFg9

References are available on request. Thank you Jeff and CT for this space.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE