The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Rolex Turn-o-graph 6202 w unique "stardust" patina

Hi folks,

I had my eyes on a grail and I am selling this to fund that grail.

This is the watch that needs no further introduction, and in fact, the most understated in value for all vintage Rolexes. It has the history (the predecessor to the Submariner), gilt dial and hands, gilt chapter ring and gloss dial we all adore.

This particular piece has a unique patina, nicknamed the stardust (or galaxy dial). I hate fanciful names when the "patina" is not caused naturally but due to abused. Not this piece. The stardust effect is formed in between the layer of lacquer and the metal dial. The surface of the dial is almost 99% mint and glossy perfect. Check out the deep egg yolk near perfect patina radium markers and you will know that this is not a watch that was abused.

Watch is produced in 1954, and the A260 calibre movement was last serviced a year back ago. Works like it should. It should be noted that the surface of the bezel has some repair marks, but all parts is original to the watch.

Watch does not comes with bracelet. And here are the photos:

photo IMG_2552_zpsf9knhb61.jpg
 photo IMG_2553_zpssfvjxnga.jpg
 photo IMG_2554_zpssvgwlp59.jpg
 photo IMG_2555_zpslkw9ldnb.jpg
 photo IMG_2556_zps9mtuhhun.jpg
 photo IMG_2557_zpsw5o6uj54.jpg
 photo IMG_2560_zpswsayqm2m.jpg
 photo IMG_2561_zpsmcr66r2x.jpg
 photo IMG_2563_zpsqhowzlc5.jpg
 photo IMG_2564_zpsn4xchqy9.jpg
 photo IMG_2565_zpsuhfucatq.jpg
 photo IMG_2566_zpstgwpil3t.jpg

I am asking for USD 12,000 shipped to your doorstep.
Any questions, please email me.

I can be reached at reficul_x AT yahoo DOT com

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Rolex Turn-o-graph 6202 w unique "stardust" patina
Re: FS: Vintage Rolex Turn-o-graph 6202 w unique "stardust"
Re: FS: Vintage Rolex Turn-o-graph 6202 w unique "stardust"
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE