The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Monnin 844 automatic early and original *PIC*

Hi All,

I have an early Heuer 844 automatic Monnin, which needs little introduction, to sell. My eBay membership name is ctreadwell4nd8 and it is the same membership name across my forum log-ins, both here and elsewhere. I have collected wristwatches since the mid 80's and I never tire of looking for something new and finding something amazing, after all, that to me is what it's all about? I am UK based and it's my first time selling here, as it's the obvious place to advertise this watch but I have sold my watches on Ebay, at Bonhams in London and Christies in Geneva before. I have shipped watches around the world most recently to Chicago and Oslo. I am having trouble loading pictures from Dropbox but that's an age related tech numpty thing, just e-mail me and I will share the link with you, I don't think you will be disappointed.

The watch is in very good condition, it has a large lollipop secondhand, an original bezel with minute markers round to the 30 minute marker and the requisite military red/orange numbered dial which has unusually not really faded or degraded at all. The all important cathedral hands are present and the watch carries a low 24xx serial number. I have seen very few of these with a lower serial number so it's really quite rare. The movement, an automatic FE, French Ebauche 4611, is very clean and tidy, as agreed by my watchmaker of 20+ years standing, I have just checked it and it's running a little fast at 10 at seconds a day but my watchmaker will resolve this on Tuesday.

Now the only negatives, it does not have an original strap, there is slight mark at the 12 minute mark on the dial. It has been relumed at some point and there is a slight crack in the lollipop dot lume. Although the lume still glows consistently, post being shown a light or daylight.

Please contact me directly at: cfce@hotmail.co.uk

I am looking for the highest offer. So please don't ask for the best price.

The pictures allied to my description should tell you everything.

Best regards

Clive

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE