The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Carrera 3647T - Extremely early SN 5476x

For sale is an extremely early Heuer Carrera 3647T from the first run of the first series. I had planned to get this renovated by Abel Court but the waiting time is long and I have other projects that I would prefer to work on. The watch has been discussed on a couple of threads, and there you can see some additional images (including the movement) and opinions on the watch.

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=76766

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=78071

The serial number is 5476x which puts this right at the start of Carrera 45 production. From searches I have made I can only find a handful of 3647T's that have lower numbers. The watch will be supplied as a head only, and currently runs very well with smooth winding and crisp pusher action and perfect resetting of the chrono hand back to 12. The problems I see with the watch (and the reason why it would benefit from visiting Abel or similar) are:

a) non-original crown (this could take time to find the correct one).
b) wrong crystal with missing 1/5 second track (quite easy to source for circa 200-250 euro)
c) small staining on the right sub-dial

These are all fixable problems, and when corrected this will be an important and early watch. Carrera prices are still sensible, but it wouldn't surprise me if they start to take off to fill the gap left by early Autavias.

I am looking for offers of 5000 euros or above, and would like to sell in the next two weeks. First good offer will get it. Watch is currently in Germany. PayPal gift or bank transfer preferred, for normal Paypal would require buyer to pick up the 4% fees.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Carrera 3647T - Extremely early SN 5476x
Re: FS: Heuer Carrera 3647T - Price Down
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE