The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: REDUCED x2: PANERAI PAM 61 Titanium Luminor Marina Tobacco

Up for sale is this classic D-series Panerai PAM 61 Luminor Marina in titanium with fabulous Tobacco brown dial. This great dive watch was poduced circa 2001 in a limited edition of 3000 pieces that year and still features the old school solid titanium back. I’ve owned the watch for some years now and can’t recall if it came with papers or not but I imagine not, as I can’t find any. This is reflected in the asking price. (I did go by the Panerai boutique in NYC and submitted the movement and case details to try to get a new Chronometer Cert — the timeline seemed quite long and the guy was not so confident about Richemont’s follow through on that service these days. But if I get it I will of course forward it along to the new owner at no additional cost.) However it does come with the black outer box, inner pearwood box, Storici manual, Libretto, screwdriver and polishing cloth. In addition, this great 61 also comes with not only OEM Made In Austria Croc & Rubber straps but also some lightly worn extras, a nice Wotancraft and a Miltat leather-backed canvas strap. I’ve worn the watch in rotation for several years and so the watch itself is in overall Excellent condition with only minor marks from use.

The asking price for this scarce Panerai PAM 61 is now further REDUCED to a super low $4375 USD OBRO including fully insured expedited worldwide shipping via UPS or FedEx. Bank Wire greatly preferred on this transaction. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

CASE, BACK & BEZEL: Large but well balanced 44mm wide (not including crown guard) x 52mm long x about 14mm thick all titanium case with attractive satin finish in Excellent pre-owned condition with only minor marks from wear. There are some marks from numerous strap changes through the years on the screw head sides of the lugs, a couple of light scuffs/scratches on the bezel, sides and back but no heavy dings. The case has never been polished. This watch wears very comfortably due to the proportions and the lightness of the titanium and also the all-brushed finish tones the typical Panerai bling factor down, making it a bit more subtle, IMO. Screw down polygon water resistant back has all the cool Panerai nomenclature including a stated 300 Meters of water resistance. Classic lever-locking crown guard is hard to beat for cool factor.

DIAL & HANDS: Really great looking and Mint matte tobacco brown dial with brightly shining Luminova luminous markers. Matte black luminous-filled hands and white small seconds at "9," the latter making the movement eligible to be chronometer certified. Love this dial/hands layout -- classic, ultra-legible Panerai style with that beautiful brown that really makes the watch pop!

CROWN: Large knurled crown protected by large crown guard structure first patented by Panerai in the 1950s with lever locking and unlocking for setting and winding the watch. The crown locking mechanism works perfectly and the crown winds and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should.

CRYSTAL: Cool slightly domed sapphire crystal with excellent antireflective coating has just one or two very fine scratches towards the 10 o’clock marker — very hard to see or photograph without a loupe. No other chips or damage, Excellent condition.

MOVEMENT: This great Panerai 61 features a numbered, certified Chronometer workhorse caliber OP II, a reworked and decorated manual wind ETA 6497-2 with 17 jewels and Incabloc shock protection. I’ve never had the watch serviced since owning it but the movement runs strong and keeps very good time. As you can see from the photo, the movement is 100% genuine Panerai so even without a display back you can rest easy that what’s under the hood is the real deal.

STRAPS: This PAM 61 comes with its original OEM Made In Austria black rubber strap with signed brushed titanium tang bucket as well as an additional OEM Made in Austria brown croc strap. These both show a little wear particularly to the keepers but have plenty of life left and are Very Good. I am also including a buttery soft orange-brown Wotancraft Flottiglia and the great looking leather-backed olive drab canvas strap by Miltat on the watch in the photos. Both of these are newer and are more like Excellent. This big fella takes straps with the classic 24mm Panerai width.

BOXES: As stated above, this PAM 61 comes with black cardboard box, inner pearwood box, Libretto & Storici manual, screwdriver and polishing cloth. It does not come with any other paperwork.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form, although I am certain it is up to anything you can throw at it. Have it tested and go nuts. :)

This great D-Series Panerai PAM 61 is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: REDUCED x2: PANERAI PAM 61 Titanium Luminor Marina Tobacco
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE