The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rare LeCoultre 'Shark' Divers Chronograph. V72

Please form an orderly queue :-))

Due to some unexpected expenditure I’m being forced to sell some of my cherished watches.

Here for your consideration is a an extremely rare LeCoultre E2463 ‘Shark’ Divers Chronograph from the late 60’s / early 70’s.

The watch is in excellent condition for it’s age and appears to be unpolished.

It has a few minor marks and scars as would be expected for a watch that’s almost 50 years old, but I think that’s preferable to a watch that’s been polished and lost it’s bevels etc.

The dial and hands are original and excellent, the rotating bezel which usually deteriorates quite badly, is in great condition.
These watches came with 2 (or possibly 3 different bezel designs - the GMT version being questionable).
There was a world time bezel of little practical use for a ‘tool’ watch and this simple 60 minute counter bezel which was certainly the most practical.

The movement is a Valjoux R 72 (LeCoultre Cal .13 VZH) and all functions work perfectly.
The chrono starts, stops and returns to zero just as it should, time keeping is excellent.

The watch is 40mm without crown or pushers with 20mm lugs and makes a great impression on the wrist.

Here’s a chance to buy an extremely rare but ‘daily wearer’ chronograph that is a certain investment.

Price wise, it’s a difficult call with Valjoux 72 Chrono’s recently commanding very high prices, so hopefully I’m not breaking Forum rules by asking for offers from potential purchasers (if this is against the rules then please delete this post).

If interested, please contact me via email at: muffinthemule56@aol.com

Here are a few links to information about this watch, with photo’s of the actual piece below. Please excuse my poor photography skills.

Thanks for looking.

http://www.watchprosite.com/?page=wf.forumpost&fi=2&ti=745943&pi=4926288

http://shop.analogshift.com/products/jaeger-lecoultre-shark

http://www.bexsonn.com/watch-vintage-1960s-jaeger-lecoultre-ref-e-2643/

http://www.watchprosite.com/?page=wf.forumpost&fi=2&ti=1054658&pi=7607308

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE