The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Re: Lets be realistic 4 months without response is unaccepta

I agree, 4 month wait for payment is a joke and he is very busy is a feeble excuse ....

Again, I have no relationship with buyer or seller. Buyer may be a great chap, excellent payer and the epitome of a good experience but here, according to the seller something has gone very wrong. Perhaps he has forgotten; if he has why is he ignoring the sellers messages and emails.

I gather some of the members of the forum are still in comms with the Buyer. Perhaps a gentle reminder that someone is trying to contact him would be the thing to do. After all, we are a community, we sometimes have to reach out and help each other out with issues like this. So, instead of posting comments of how well things went with a sale, why not try and understand what has gone wrong with this one and see if there is something we can contribute to make it right for the buyer and the seller.

may rant ..

: Guys I think your missing the point I doubt any of you would find
: it acceptable to wait 4 months without payment or response.

: I don't know the full story I just know what has been posted here.

: I don't know either the buyer or the seller, and I'm not defending
: or attacking anyone here

: But I don't get comments like "You may just need to be
: patient."

: No the seller shouldn't be patient the buyer should pay in a timely
: manner

: Or "He's travelling a lot lately so might not be easy to
: reach." "perhaps he gets too busy from time to time,
: like many of us in this hobby."

: 4 months is a long time for someone not to be reached, I'm sure the
: buyer could have put some effort to at least reassure the
: seller, by text or email.

: Put yourself in the sellers shoes and your point of view will
: change. The buyer responded only when the seller posted his
: concern on the forum.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE