The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Guilty as Charged . . .

Guilty as charged, more or less . . . but I'm still not sure why I need to pay eBay or auction house fees, when they provide very little protection to the buyers. With all due humility, I will rely on my own reputation for integrity / visibility, rather than paying a third party to provide comfort or provenance (charging high fees all along the way). Shown below is the Autavia that Auctionata sold a few weeks ago at 62,000 euro . . . what did this auction house provide to the buyer, other than an $5,000 to $10,000 batch of parts for the next project watches?

I am happy to provide this Chronotrader platform for those who might like to use it. I am happy to entertain suggestions as to how we might improve it. [And, yes, we are working on some ways to rid the place of the scammers.]

Listings are up; traffic is up; I believe that satisfaction is good . . . so I'm not sure that we need to eliminate the "best offer" or informal auctions.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Nonsense to you maybe as the seller.

: If you are selling something you MUST know what you want for it.

: Offers above X? Put it up for auction with a reserve.

: This type of backyard unregulated auction only serves YOUR purpose
: to squeeze as much as possible out
: of the possible buyers, without even paying the auction house fees
: and commissions to boot, YOU decide how long
: to run the advert for, YOU alone see the offers you receive and
: based on that without ANY transparency
: engage on negotiations with the prospective buyers.

: At the end of the day, I really do not care one way or the other as
: I will never participate in this BS type
: of offerings, as chances are that however rare YOU may think YOUR
: watches are, I would venture to say
: that they are not one off, therefore I will wait and buy whatever I
: feel like buying in a different way and from
: someone who inspires more confidence than a seller just trying to
: squeeze the buyers and saving the
: auction premiums.

: That is what makes SENSE to me, but then again I am not here trying
: to sell anything........

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE