The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: EXTREMELY RARE HEUER AUTAVIA 1163P WITH GF BRACELET

Hi,

I am offering this exceptionally rare Heuer Autavia 1163P with the original Heuer Gay Frère bracelet dated 4,71.
Please don’t confuse this watch with the 11630P.
It’s the rarest Heuer watch I have ever had the chance to hold in my hands.
Over the past weeks I have consulted several Heuer experts and OTD members. All of them confirm that this 1163P model does exist and that it is extremely rare.
Personally I had never seen one before. Some members confirmed they had seen it in real or in pictures.

To make things absolutely clear, this is not a “put together” watch. The watch was bought in this configuration by the owner in December 1971 in a watch shop called Lodoli in Torino.
That watch shop doesn’t exist anymore. The owner bought the watch with the GF bracelet and the Heuer racing box. The box and original papers got lost over the years.
A year ago he decided to sell the watch and to have it overhauled first. You see a picture of the first owner ( dated beginning of the seventies ) wearing the watch.
You also see a picture of the watch in the original condition before the overhaul.

The watch was overhauled by Martini in Italy ( everybody knows what he is capable of ). A full case refurbishment was done, hands were repainted and relumed and the movement got a full movement service.
I don’t know wether this overhaul was the right thing to do. Fact is that the result is fantastic and that everything is in perfect harmony.

All parts are the original. Also the fabulous decompression bezel is the original as when it was bought in 1971.

Dial is just stunning with the colour very slowly turning into a dark brown chocolate. That effect can be seen under a certain angle and in the right light conditions.
Lume of the hour markers and the orange accents on the dial are untouched. Of course the orange accents have faded over the years but still look really nice in real.
Martini did an amazing job with the hands, the colour is a fantastic match with the rest of the dial and it gives the watch the perfect vintage look.
NOS hands could have been installed but that would have been the wrong choice.

Case is mint of course. ( sorry for the fingerprints you see in some of the pics )

Bezel is the best I have ever seen with a glossy grey/blue colour depending on the light.
It can be assumed that the bezel had the red triangle and meters in red but the original owner is absolutely sure there were no red accents in the insert when he bought it.
I guess we will never know.

Mechanically the watch is 100% perfect. Movement is super clean, watch is keeping perfect time, fantastic power reserve and chrono working perfect as well.

Model: Heuer Autavia 1163P ( just 1163 between the lugs )
Serial number: 245xxx
Movement: Heuer caliber 12

The watch is offered with the original Heuer GF bracelet ( that is in great condition with very minor stretch ) and will be shipped fully insured with Intex.
A dated GF in this very nice condition is worth around 1500 euros.

After talking to several Heuer experts I came to the conclusion that the watch is worth well over €12k.
That is taking into account the fact that the watch has all the original parts but that the case was refurbished and the hands repainted and relumed.
It is not taking into account the absolutely crazy prices several Heuer watches ( like the Jochen Rindt ) sell for. It’s a fair estimation based on the fact that it’s a first owner watch and the extreme rarity of this watch.

Price: Looking for offers starting from €10.000
I am reserving the right not to sell the watch if the offers are too low. I might give a daily update on the highest offer.
I reserve the right to end the bidding at any time when I get an offer that I consider to be very good.

( I GIVE A FULL REFUND IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEM OR IF THE WATCH WOULD NOT BE AS DESCRIBED )

Kind regards,
Bernard

First owner of the watch and the watch last year before the Martini overhaul:

Messages In This Thread

FS: EXTREMELY RARE HEUER AUTAVIA 1163P WITH GF BRACELET
SOLD *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE