The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Pair os Keleks (TDB-K 1369 and TDB-K 1376)

I sold a few watches of my collection on ebay but a recent scam with partial refund made me quit. Ebay is off for me so, for the first time, i'm advertising here.

What i’m offering here are two Keleks with calibers 1369 & 1376.

In the same year (1973) that, today ubiquitous, Valjoux 7750 was launched and four years after the automatic chronograph pioneers El Primero, Cal. 11 and Seiko 6139, another automatic chronograph caliber was presented by a consortium constituted by Tenor Dorly, Brac and Kelek in collaboration with Dubois Depraz who developed the chronograph module.

The new, at the time, caliber was presented in two versions: the 1369 and the 1376.

The 1369 is easily recognizable by the odd localization of subdials (running seconds at 6, the minutes register between 2 and 3 and the hours register at 11). Also the date window was placed unusually: at 9. This dial layout didn’t help to the success of such effort because it could be easily confused with the cheap pin-lever calibers made by Ebauches Bettlach.

The 1376 is, if possible, even more peculiar: “instead of the normal group of hands, two discs with printed hours and minutes were used. To make sure the time could be read accurately, the hours were jumping. But this was not the only change to the movement. The totalizers were also different. The subsidiary seconds at 6 o’ clock was sacrificed for the date display, wich in turn relinquished its place at 9, since that is where the hour disc turned. The minute counter between 2 and 3 o’clock had to make way for the rotating minute disc. To prevent the caliber 1376 from becoming a chronograph, a 60-minute counter replaced the hour counter”. – description from Classic Wristwatches 2014/2015

This caliber was initially used in watches branded Kelek and Tenor Dorly but many other brands started to use it: Waltham, Nivada, Precimax, Mikado, Lov, etc and, even, the historical chronograph maker Minerva.

Despite all the effort evolved in his development, reliability problems, the quartz crisis and a fearful competition by the Valjoux 7750 made the success achieved by this caliber very limited and only 23000 units of both versions (1369 and 1376) were made.

For history remains the smallest automatic chronograph ‘till date and in the following 20 years.

These watches were bought by me to the original owner five years ago as a pair, who bought them as pair and I will only sell them as a pair.

Both are working as they should (chronograph functions included) and despite their legendary reliability problems never noticed any.

The watches are gold plated, never were replated and show some signs of wear, specially on the case back.

The 1369 has the glass chipped but is the original one and it was my option don’t replace it. The lume on dial has degraded but is there.

The 1376 has some flaws on dial in the 60 minute totalizer but hardly noticeable on naked eye and the gold plate on crown is worn.

The case from both watches has 36mm wide without crown, 45mm lug to lug and is 15mm thick.

These watches, while in my possession, were used very, very few times, never showed any functioning problems and were not serviced.

The watches are located in EU, my price is 1750 euro negotiable (shipping costs included). I prefer bank wire but i can accept paypal to, adding 4% to the negotiated price.

Pictures available on request. Please feel free to ask any questions

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE