The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Informal Auction Autavia 741.603GMT

Greetings,
Up for grabs an extremely rare Autavia 741.603 GMT.

This watch is rarely offered anywhere for sale and was never featured in a Heuer catalogue.

Auction Details:
Starting bid- $3500 USD.
Please keep bids in minimum increments of $500 USD.
Auction ends Wednesday july 20, 2016 at 11:59 P.M. eastern time. The person with the highest bid by 3p.m. eastern time next Wednesday, July 20, will have 1 opportunity to beat the highest bid received by 11:59P.M.
IMPORTANT :
If you would like to secure this watch, feel free to make an offer stating, "this offer is to end the auction immediately", and if accepted, the auction will be over and the watch will be sold. Payment is by Wire Transfer only.

I am in the middle of a custody battle and need to sell some assets (unfortunately). I needed funds last week but have been reluctant to sell. If I could, I would sell my house and keep my watches ;) but, in this current situation I cannot.
Thanks in advance to all who participate and thanks to this wonderful site.

WATCH DETAILS
Very rare Heuer Autavia gmt reference number 741.603 housing signed valjoux 7741

The BAD:
Missing original insert. However has an excellent looking custom insert, as well as, there are options for aftermarket inserts in the ebay stores for under 80 usd.
Watch houses the extremely rare 7741 movement in stunning original condition. The watch winds and runs, and resets, but requires a full service before use.
The dial seems to have been relumed, IMO, however I was told it was not by previous owner. Either way it was done well and clean. Case has minor scratches.

THE GOOD:
DIAL;
Dial is in excellent condition. Paint is sharp! Only minor scratches on the original domed plexi, that shoud easily polish clear. Lume glows for a short period.

Case;
Case is never polished or restored. Has minor scratches however shows original sunburst brushed graining. Both serial number and reference number are super clear and easy to read.
The edges on this case are extremely sharp! I have not attempted to clean the case or the watch whatsoever as I was going to send this one to a pro. ( oh how life throws curve balls). Original crown and pushers are excellent.

Bezel;
Bezel snaps nicely in both directions and is in fantastic condition.

Movement;
Movement is clean and is all original, verified by my watch maker, (don't worry I didn't let him touch it lol). He was almost begging me to let him service it. ;).He advised service before winding it or using it as it needs oil bad.

Bracelet;
aftermarket period stainless steel band is included which suits this watch nicely.

Please see pics for more description. I must stress again that a prompt and smooth transaction is what I am looking for on this rare bird. as my situation dictates.
Thanks again to all and to chronotrader!! lets keep this one in the family... I will pay shipping,(within reason) and will be discussed with buyer.
happy bidding.
All offers are to be sent to my email, do not respond to this thread. I will update the forum once every 24 hours or so with the current bid.
best,
MichaelD
These are cell phone pics and do not do the watch justice.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Informal Auction Autavia 741.603GMT
Re: FS: Informal Auction Current offer $5000 usd *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE