The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 100% ORIGINAL HEUER AUTAVIA 1163 VICEROY

Hi,
I am selling another one of my Heuer Autavia 1163V.
I think the watch does not need much introduction.
For possible newcomers here please read this great review by Jeff Stein: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/everything-about-viceroy-autavias/
And Mark Moss: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/serial-numbers-of-viceroy-autavias/

The watch I am selling has all the original and correct parts, so no aftermarket insert or plexi.
This is based on what I can see and my experience with this model.

Case was made by Schmitz; deep case-back with sides at 45 degrees; pushers fully visible from both front and back.
( this has the advantage no dirt gets stuck between pushers and case )
I believe this case is untouched ( though some will say you can never be sure ) with a beautiful sunburst graining in the upper case;
the bevelled edges are very sharp and also perfectly even alongside the case on both sides; both serial number and model number are
perfectly visible between the lugs.
Of course the watch has several scratches for normal use, but nothing major and no bad chips.

Dial is in an amazing condition: no imperfections; the red accents very bright, subdials are pretty clean and white.
Both dial and hands have the original creamy colour lume; lume dots at 3,6 and 9 are faded but still visible.
( this to me is the proof the the dial has never been touched, nobody would do a relume of the hands and markers without doing the lume dots as well )
Hands are just perfect with no missing lume and the red paint in superb condition.

Crown, pushers, plexi and Tachymeter bezel are all original.
The Tachymeter insert is not perfect bit still very good and it matches just perfectly with the rest of the watch.
And as I said before, keep in mind that these Tachymeter bezels for 1163 are getting more expensive by the day.
It has slightly faded to a charcoal colour and it looks just stunning. ( some of the pictures show that very well )

Mechanically the watch is working 100% perfect: keeping extremely good time; fantastic power reserve;
chrono starting and resetting perfectly. The watch has just been serviced, so no worries for the coming years.

Model: Heuer Autavia 1163V
Serial number: 271866
Movement: Heuer Caliber 12

This is your chance to own the original/never messed with Parnelli Jones Viceroy chronograph.
No worries about making a little scratch in it; so perfect for daily use.
I am pricing the watch accordingly to the condition that is not mint. That said this is a super honest and cool looking watch.
With that fabulous brown Bulang strap you get a killer look.

Price:

Option 1: watch with new Bulang strap including a fully insured shipping: 2750 euros
Option 2: watch "head only" including fully insured shipping: 2675euros
Option 3: watch "head only" ( buyer chooses and pays for the shipping ): 2600 euros

( I give a full refund in case of any problem or if the watch would not be as described )

Kind regards,
Bernard

Messages In This Thread

FS: 100% ORIGINAL HEUER AUTAVIA 1163 VICEROY
GLWS: 100% ORIGINAL HEUER AUTAVIA 1163 VICEROY
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE