The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: BIG SEIKO BULLHEAD ref. 6138-0049 AND ref. 6138-0040 AUCTION

Hi guys,
I decided to sell my two very nice and honest Seiko Bullheads ref. 6138-0049 and 6138-0040.
Both are in great condition with all the original parts.
So dial, hands, bezel, crystal, movement, crown and pushers are 100% original.
The 6138-0049 has the original bracelet; the 6138-0040 I am not sure ( it's possible it is a later one ).

1) Seiko Bullhead ref. 6138-0049 ( see pictures beneath )

This Bullhead is in my opinion the best of the two.
It has not only all the original parts ( also the bracelet is the original one ) it's also completely untouched.
By this I mean the case has never been polished. Also the dial and hands are untouched.

So the case is really stunning. Don't get mislead by the scratches you see in my very high-resultion pictures.
Scratches are very superficial and what's more the case still has it's original form with the bevelled edges super sharp.
Believe me it's not easy to find these Bullheads with a case that has not been polished. And to me it makes a very big difference.
A Bullhead that has the lines between the different parts of the case completely gone is worth nothing to me. It's just terrible to look at.

Dial and hands are just fantasic. Just look at the pictures and you'll see what I mean.
Bezel is in good condition with that stunning maroon color.

Mechanically the watch is working 100%; keeping very good time; great power reserve; chrono working and resetting as it should;
Setting time and day/date also perfect. The watch has just been fully serviced by my watchmaker. So no worries for the years to come.

Price: accepting offers starting from 750 euros ( I am including an insured shipping )
( highest offer takes the watch; I am reserving the right to end the bidding at any time )

2) Seiko Bullhead ref. 6138-0040 ( see pictures beneath )

Second watch is pretty much in the same condition as the first apart from the fact that it got a very light case polish.
It makes that the case has less scratches tough I personally prefer my watches untouched.
It looks much cleaner and still has it's original shape and bevelled edges.
So I want to make very clear that this is not the kind of Bullhead you see on Ebay with a case that has been totally ruined.
Pictures show very clear the case is in a great condition.

Dial and hands also great with the tip oh the minute hand that has lost a very little bit of its white paint.
( very easy to correct and really hard to see in real )

Mechanically the same story as the first watch. Also completely serviced by my watchmaker.

All the original parts; bracelet I am not sure. I will leave that to the experts.

Price: accepting offers starting from 650 euros ( I include an insured shipping )
( highest offer takes the watch; I am reserving the right to end the bidding at any time )
( I give a full refund in case of any problem or if the watch should not be as described )

Best regards,
Bernard

Messages In This Thread

FS: BIG SEIKO BULLHEAD ref. 6138-0049 AND ref. 6138-0040 AUCTION
BOTH WATCHES SOLD *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE