The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Marathon CSAR w/ Bracelet & Rubber Band and 3 more *PIC*

First of all, this is an amazing watch, but in my quest for a grail watch popped up and I want to sell to help finance. Most looking at this listing know that this watch needs little explaining. Marathon CSAR Pilot's Chronograph in excellent condition with no scratches crystal, case in excellent condition, Marathon bracelet in very good condition with some scuffing and buckle with American Eagle which has swirling and scratching from desk use which I tried to phot. Overall a watch in excellent cosmetic condition and amazing working condition. Holds time as well as any of my COSC certified watches and Tritium lume is nice and clear at night. This watch is a dream to tell time on. Another note is that the chronograph pushers are some of the smoothest I have ever encountered on a Valjoux 7750 watch. Watch comes with original case and manual, all extra links for the Marathon bracelet and BONUS - Watch has Marathon SS bracelet on, but comes with the high quality Marathon rubber strap with marathon buckle as well and includes three more straps including a standard NATO strap in black, textured dress strap and another nato type strap. 5 strap options in all. This is a 2010 contract model. I purchased this from another owner and they mentioned a little ding in the outer bezel which I can't even find. Looking for a fast sale to fund new watch. I'll miss this one because it's a bomb of a watch which you can wear anywhere and not worry, even with a suit (see pic). I'll miss this watch but another is calling. ASKING $1,300 +ship + PP fees (Firm on price to move quick) You can see my feedback on WUS and ebay DKYS where I have listed. Accept Paypal + fees + Shipping. Email me directly if interested or questions at dariussolomon@yahoo.com Located in NYC

Manufacturer info:

Description

The Marathon Pilot’s Chronograph is a robust chronograph built to the same standards of water resistance as Marathon’s other dive watches. The Pilot’s Chronograph is designed to be used for use in dives, search and rescue operations, as well as pilots and air crew. The Pilot’s Chronograph is commonly referred to as the Chronograph Search and Rescue (CSAR).
The Marathon CSAR is water resistant down to 30 ATM – 300 meters (1000 feet) underwater. Made from 316L surgical grade stainless steel, the CSAR is a purpose built watch that will serve you well and reliably on any adventure you may take. The glass of the CSAR is in fact not glass, but a synthetic sapphire which will resist scratches.
The CSAR is handmade in La Chaux de Fonds Switzerland to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Inside the CSAR is a Swiss made, 25 Jewel Valjoux ETA 7750 automatic chronograph movement. The CSAR ensures you timekeeping that is accurate and reliable.

To make sure that the time can be constantly read even in low light situations, the CSAR has self contained Tritium gas tubes place on each hour marking as well as on the minute and hour hands and MaraGlo photo-luminescent paint for the 12 hour bezel marker as well as on the minute and hour chronograph register indexes.

Tritium tubes are self illuminating gas tubes which contain an isotope of hydrogen, meaning they will not lose brightness over time like photo-luminescent paint which requires an external light source to create a glow.

The dial of the Marathon Pilot’s Chronograph shows 12 hour and 24 hour time and also displays the Date and Day. Chronograph timing is dual graduated, inner graduations are 1/5 sec and as well as decimal 1/100 minute timing (alternate inner timing ring). A sweep central seconds hand indicates 1/5 sec up to 60 seconds; Chronograph sub registers measure up to 30 minutes and 12 hours each. Register indexes & hands use MaraGlo paint for low light viewing. Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources are used for dial at each hour position as well as the Minute and Hour hands, activity between 28-30 millicuries (under 30 millicuries).

Features

MIL-SPEC: Manufactured in accordance with US Government Specification. Issued and worn by troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self illuminated 24/7 tritium gas tubes for up to 25 years.
SEARCH & RESCUE: Designed for Search And Rescue missions.
SWISS MADE: Proudly hand made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939. Uses ETA Valjoux 7750 25 jewels automatic mechanical self-winding movement.
NSN NUMBER: Nato Stock Number 6645-01-544-0408 engraved on case back.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Marathon CSAR w/ Bracelet & Rubber Band and 3 more *PIC*
Re: FS: Marathon CSAR w/ Bracelet & Rubber Band and 3 more
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE