The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

I understand
In Response To: Re: My Response... again... ()

I understand.

I want to start off by saying that I was foolish -- when I made the MWF post asking for advice, I hadn't actually purchased the watch -- Instead, I purchased it after the first or second post. As a result, I didn't have the full information before I made my decision (...). I did not misrepresent my association with the watch when I made that MWF post -- I was just an idiot and bought it too early because, well, I made a mistake. At least, I think so. When I later made my post here on Chronocentric about the same watch (see: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=86815), I said at the end that I had already purchased the watch (at the beginning of the post it says I was looking into purchasing but that was a typo and I didn't realize I couldn't edit here since I was new). I hope this clarifies that point.

I'm still new to dealing with bunds, and thought I was prepared after researching the Walter Manning article and previous MWR posts. Still, I didn't realize how many plausible explanations there were for all of these variants... it's a little exhausting.

At the same time, I do not intend to scam or mislead anyone. I have raised concerns about the dial to those who reached out to me expressing interest in the watch. I recently told someone who reached out to find my Chronocentric post as well (not the for sale post, but the authenticity check). Still, I understand your point and will be more transparent from the beginning in potential future ads.

I'm still new to selling and collecting in general, and don't think I really thought this through as well as I should have. I know it's not really an excuse, but I am still learning the ropes. Either way, I do admit I could have handled this better. If there's a next time, you bet I'll be better from the get go.

I am sorry again for wasting space and time here, and thanks for being honest.

- Ashish

: The problem isn't that the watch is for sale despite the concerns
: Heuer enthusiasts have raised over the dial's authenticity, it's
: that you've gone out of your way to avoid disclosing
: these concerns you and others have publicly voiced on forums.
: Because you misrepresented your association with the watch and
: asked for opinions about it on the MWF and elsewhere, you
: prompted in-depth and frank opinions from members regarding the
: dial. They publicly advised you not to purchase the watch due to
: the dial's questionable legitimacy.

: The way you've gone about listing it from one place to another fits
: the profile of seller trying to avoid scrutiny over the
: potential sale of a watch that he also believes to not be
: completely authentic. Listing it on a forum after members
: advised you not to purchase it would make people question your
: honesty. This is probably why you've listed it on eBay now. The
: only reason you disclosed the flawed dial here and now on eBay
: is because you were called out for not doing so to begin with.
: Saying you forgot to mention doubt's about the dial in your eBay
: listing further drives the point you're trying to unload a piece
: you've little confidence in. What you ask for the watch or
: accept for it is up to you. Despite that you claim the original
: seller claims the watch is completely authentic, given the
: concerns still being raised over the dial and your inconsistent
: history in trying to unload it- buyer beware or better yet avoid
: purchasing it all together.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE