The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Grail Jenny Regatta with sealed pushers and yachtingraf dial

Hi guys,
I gave it a lot of thoughts, but I decided to sell my vintage regatta grail, a very rare Jenny Regatta chronograph with beautiful dial and special and rare case.
This watch is the mixture of a case like an Universal Geneve Space Compax and a dial of a Yema Yachtigraf (but a bright dial).
The watch was waterproofed up to 20 atm.

This nice Jenny regatta is all genuine (as you can see in the picture with the grey one) and very rare (this both examples are the only ones, I have seen in ten years of searching!).

The Jenny regatta chronograph has a diameter of 38mm without crown.
The movement is a Valjoux 7730 (as Yema Yachtingraf).
The watch has sealed pushers (as UG Space Compax) and the great original Jenny screwed crown.
The pushers have a screwing design, but they can not be screwed (as UG Space, as I know).
The bakelite bezel turns without clicks in both directions.
The caseback shows the number of the case (1024) and the water protection (20 atm).

Condition:

The whole watch is in very good condition.The watch was serviced end of 2015 and I have worn it only a few times since then.
Bezel, dial, hands are in very good condition.
The case has only minor signs of use.
The movement is very clean and all functions work as they should.
The screwed crown works perfect.
The pushers are working crisp.
The plexi crystal is domed and in very good condition.
Over all, the watch is in real good condition for its age (about 45 years).

Summery:

This is a real rare regatta chronograph of a world wide known brand (Jenny).
The premium case is complex (much more complex as a Yema Yachtigraf case) and up to 20 atm waterproofed (not proofed!) ----> Yema 10 atm
The sealed pushers are very special (UG Space Compax) and are working crisp.
The movement is a Valjoux 7730 (as Yachtingraf) and the watch has a diameter of nice 38mm.
The watch has a real nice bakelite bezel and a great screwed crown.
The condition of this watch is only beautiful!!

The watch comes with the genuine tropic sport shown in the pics.

I think, if you are collector and searching for regatta chronographs, this will be your only opportunity to get such a rare watch.

I am selling this rare watch for 3250 Euro + shipping

The watch and me are located in germany.
I have several good references, here, in german Uhrforum.de and on WUS.

But now pics:

If you have questions, please contact me.

Best regards,
Peter

Messages In This Thread

FS: Grail Jenny Regatta with sealed pushers and yachtingraf dial
Re: SOLD!!
Re: FS: Jenny Regatta with sealed pushers, ON HOLD!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE