The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Accurist chronograph from Sept. 16 Watches of Knightsbridge

Last September I won this watch during Watches of Knightsbridge's auciton. I was unable to get a photo from my Google Drive cloud storage to display in this post, so there is a link to the entire folder pasted below with photos of the watch I took today, along with several from the original Watches of Knightsbridge listing and a screencap of my Saleroom account listing that I placed the winning bid on that piece. I'm happy to take a photo of the watch next to today's paper or whatever you'd like if need be.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6kFNIiRp9oecGJJODFpM0tBVmc?usp=sharing (Google drive photo folder is the URL to the left)

The photos were taken with my Leica and are completely unedited, apart from the two Camera Raw .dng photos that had the exposure slightly lowered to cut down on reflection so text on the dial and caseback were easier to read.

The watch was made by Accurist. "Super Waterproof" and "300" are printed above 6 'oclock, and "17 Jewels" is printed immediately below the branding at 12. The register on the left is a running seconds hand for proof of function, and on the right is a 30 minute counter. The watch has a bidirectional external bezel for counting down or up to/from 60 minutes, a tachymetre outside the minute track for measuring speeds from 60 to 1000mph and 12 to 24 hour markings printed along the minute track. at the very bottom of the dial, "Swiss" is printed. Presumably this means the lume on the dial was not tritium. Overall a lovely watch.

The watch keeps time and keeps time within well under a minute each day. The chronograph works well and the start, stop, and reset functions all work as intended (stop and reset are both operated from the bottom pusher.) The chronograph seconds hand resets to the 2 second mark, but that should be relatively straightforward to have fixed. I'd recommend that you have the watch looked over in general as well- I have not gotten it serviced in the roughly 8 months that I've owned it. The bezel rotates without problems as well, but I'm sure it would be worth cleaning the bezel, crown, and pushers to get rid of what I'm sure is 60 years of debris built up from winding and using the watch.

After auction fees, I paid $865 for the watch. I'm asking that plus shipping- I will not sell for under $865 unless you are interested in trading and paying the price difference in cash. If you're located outside the US, ask me about customs- usually I'm willing to split import costs.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Accurist chronograph from Sept. 16 Watches of Knightsbridge
Re: FS: Accurist chronograph from Sept. 16 Watches of Knight
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE