The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Carrera 3147N Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Dear community,

the following watch belongs into this forum so here is the advert for maybe the "Queen of all Carreras".

The price of 98k€ (shipped fully insured) was defined in agreement with the original owner.
Please don´t worry if you can´t afford that price, if i could myself, this one would have never appeared on my website or here on OTD. Be sure about this. :)

So reffering to collectors knowledge and also the Carrerabook from our highly admired gurus Rich and Paul, this extremely rare co branded Carrera was only sold in the local giftshop besides the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the 60´s. Only about five pieces of this black execution have been observed so far, and this one here is probably the best of them all. The condition could be stated as almost „New Old Stock“ considering it´s age of about 50 years. It comes on the original corfam band with Heuer buckle which shows only very minor signs of wearing since the late sixties when it has left the Heuer factory exactly in this configuration.

The whole provenance of this piece is known and can be shared discreetly with the new owner but unfortunately not to the public as the former owner pleased me to do so.

The description about the condition of this piece can be held very shortly. It´s unpolished and even unscratched (serial 127xxx), unmolested allover with still all parts being the original ones. Even the Landeron 189 looks to be in outstanding mint condition with now watchmaker-signs being engraved in the caseback. The movement is running very well in all it´s functions, keeping good time and winding very smoothly. Dial and hands are still carrying the original lume with a beautiful warmtoned patina. All lumedots are still there, just some of them not in full size anymore. The black part of the dial is absolutely flawless, as well as the cleanwhite subdial is.

This watch represents Heuers motorsport history like no other Carrera. This fact combined with it´s extreme rarity and the condition in museum´s quality makes it to the “holy grail of all Carreras”

If you had any questions please don´t hesitate to drop me an email to hello@rarebirds.de

thanks to OTD for the space and to anyone being interested in my watches.

yours,
andee

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE