The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Fraud alert - welshwatches@gmail.com Tudor Big Block

I've contacted the seller of the following post and he provided pics from a post on The Rolex Forum of the same watch (and documentation) that sold in May for around $4300. I requested time stamped pics and he could not provide them. I believe he can't produce time stamped pics because he's not in possession of a watch that sold for 35% more over a month ago and he is re-using pics from that post. He also requires wires rather than another more secure form of payment. When I contacted him when he posted it for same amount on this forum about a month ago, he removed the post. It's now back.

I'll let y'all decide as to the veracity of his information and proceed accordingly. Again, identical pics including certificate contained in prior post in TRF were forwarded to me via email, priced WAAAY below market, and $1300 less than what it sold for a month ago. Seller requires wire only. Cannot produce current pics of watch. You be the judge.

Here's original legit sales post (I contacted the seller and he confirmed it was sold and not to the individual posting it here). If you're on TRF, you can also contact him.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=539086

If the post here is legit, not only do I apologize, but I want to buy it at $3K with complete set, books and papers. If he produces timestamped pic and accepts PP, I will buy it. I suspect I'll be waiting a while for those pics to arrive. Please be careful. Not calling it a fraud, just presenting information here for all to judge. If it's legit post, seller here can re-post with current pics.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Fraud alert - welshwatches@gmail.com Tudor Big Block
Typical scam...
Re: FS: Fraud alert - welshwatches@gmail.com Tudor Big Block
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE