The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: FS. IWC Aquatimer 816. Vintage Dual Crown Supercompressor

FS. IWC Aquatimer 816 circa 1970. Dual crown compressor

I listed this watch a couple of months ago and had a couple of 'nibbles' on it but it remained unsold.

So, again offered up for sale, is this excellent and rare IWC Aquatimer dual crown ‘Compressor’ diving watch, model 816.
The watch is in excellent condition for a timepiece that dates back to the late 60’s / early 70's. Clearly it’s not been a ‘safe queen’ but there are remarkably few 'dings' on the watch.

It has the original ‘tritium’ lumed dial which has patina, but nonetheless in great condition.

The stainless steel case measures 42mm without the IWC signed crowns, it is in very good condition without any major gouges or 'dings' and has the correct early 816 'submarine' caseback (later models had a plain caseback)

The watch runs well with all functions working correctly and the inner rotating bezel action is smooth. Timekeeping is excellent and the watch self winds correctly via the 8541 automatic movement with a good power reserve.

This lovely watch makes a great and imposing daily wearer and is surely a fine investment.

It comes on black generic leather band with white stitching and a stainless steel buckle.

I have checked current prices of IWC 816 and they seem to sit between UK £3500 and UK £5000 (dependent upon condition).

I’d rate this watch as very good general condition – so I’d like to see a bargain UK £3000 to include insured shipping worldwide.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further information.

Here are some pics - unfortunately photography is not a great skill of mine but you can rest assured that the watch is much better in real life

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE