The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Movado "Sport" Cal.125 in Steel Deadstock Condition

On offer today I have this absolutely gorgeous Movado Sport manual winder in water resistant 3-piece Calatrava-type snap back steel case. This handsome Sport features Movado’s highly regarded in house caliber 125 and I believe the watch dates to circa the 1950s. This watch was part of a jeweler’s deadstock that he inherited when he purchased the business. Therefore it is in near pristine condition with a stunning and Near Mint original non-luminous eggshell silver dial with elegant partial Arabic numerals and closed minute track. Overall the watch is in Excellent vintage condition and shows no signs of polish. It even has its original price sticker on the back from way back when. With its beautifully faceted angled lugs and classic mid-century looks this is an uncommon opportunity to buy a time capsule sort of piece from 50+ years ago that you just can't find every day.

The asking price for this wonderfully preserved Movado Sport is $975 USD OBRO and I’ll throw in Paypal and fully insured domestic FedEx. International shipping will be +$50. Bank Wire is also fine of course. Other payment options upon application. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

CASE & BACK: Beautifully designed 3-piece snap back all-steel case measures an elegant 34mm wide not including the crown x 41mm long and "wears big" as they say due its well proportioned layout. There are very few marks throughout and those that are present could fall under the category of "store wear" with the noticeable exception of one pretty good nick to the crown side of the case. I can only imagine that some chucklehead tried to open the watch from the wrong side! But there are no real signs of polish and the brushed and polished surfaces are pristine. The faceted, downward sloping lugs are razor sharp. Excellent vintage condition and if not for that nick it’d easily be more like Near Mint to Mint. Same goes for the angled pressure fit bezel.

The outer caseback is likewise very clean and shows its original brushed finish — Excellent+ to Near Mint. It is marked for Stainless Steel and I have chosen to leave the original retailer’s price sticker on the back because I think it’s quite charming. The inner back has all the relevant Movado nomenclature of the period and when it is popped off we find that this Sport is rather pleasingly over-engineered with an anti-magnetic dust cover protecting the movement. Can you imagine what a watch of this obvious build quality would go for if it said Patek on the dial instead of Movado? ;)

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely beautiful and Near Mint condition original factory printed non-luminous satin silver dial featuring raised Arabic numerals for the even numbers, dagger-type markers for the odds and an oversized engine turned, calibrated sub seconds chapter at "6." The dial also has a lovely enclosed minute track surrounding it that gives the watch an almost military feel. I rate this wonderful dial as Near Mint because there are just a few very small signs of age to the finish that can be seen with a powerful loupe. Of course, on the wrist it registers as essentially flawless. The matching non-luminous elongated black stick hands are corrosion free and essentially mint, as is the little constant seconds hand. Simply put, this Sport has a timelessly clean and elegant dial layout that makes it pure class on the wrist.

CROWN: Knurled unsigned steel winding crown is Excellent. The crown winds smoothly and pulls out to set the time as it should.

CRYSTAL: Older low domed acrylic crystal has only minor marks and is quite clear and chip free, Excellent condition.

MOVEMENT: Powering this vintage Sport is Movado's high grade in-house caliber 125 manual wind movement with 15 jewels and a nice oversized balance for greater accuracy. While the service history is unknown to me I did buy it from a watchmaker and everything I’ve bought from him in the past has run well. This one is also running strong and keeping good time with the movement looking very bright and clean. It is guaranteed to be working properly at the time of shipment.

STRAP: This handsome Sport comes on what I believe to be its original dark brown leather strap with a chunky ribbed steel buckle made by UNROC. The strap is a little brittle from the years but is just too cool not keep on the watch. I can also throw in another new leather strap if you like. This watch has a lug width of 18mm.

As a matter of policy, I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Movado Sport is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Movado "Sport" Cal.125 in Steel Deadstock Condition
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
SOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE