The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rare Rolex ref. 1003 from 1960

Hi guys
I reluctantly put for sell a very special watch that I love, a minimalistic vintage gem that in my opinion can be considered the quintessence of elegance, class, and the true vintage spirit.
This Rolex Oyster Perpetual is everything you should need in a classy watch: discretion, with its sober dial and its 34mm oyster case; elegance, with its minimalistic style. Reliability, with its fantastic 1560 automatic movement in stunning conditions; value, considering that this black dial is a very very very rare gem in this Rolex production. If you look in the entire web you'll find just another similar item, but absolutely not at the price I will ask for.
This watch comes directly from 1960 (serial number 663xxx), with its mint conditions (look for example at the perfect stainless steel Oyster rivet bracelet) - there are just some minor signs on the plastic glass - can be a watch to use or to keep safe. Great for everyday life, or for collector's life.

Now, to summarize:

MODEL: Rolex Oyster perpetual
REF: 1003
SERIAL NUMBER: 663xxx - from 1960
CASE DIMENSION: 34mm
MOVEMENT: Rolex 1560 perfectly working
CONDITION: this is an almost 60 yo watch in stunning conditions!
BRACELET: authentic Rolex stainless steel Oyster rivet w/ Fliplock clasp
OTHER: no box no paper, but this gem comes with an elegant vintage green velvet case

Now it's time to give this beauty some space:

PRICE: For this vintage Rolex my asking price is 3400€ (excluding shipping and Paypal fees). Please consider that for the only one available online the asking price is 4000€. This is the lowest price for this rare gem.
PAYMENT METHOD: Bank wire is ok, Paypal is ok (+4% because of fees)
REFERENCES: Please ask me for references!

I am very reluctant to sell this outstanding watch, but I hope that a true lover can enjoy it for the next decades! Thank you guys, thank you Chronotrader.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE