The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: LeCoultre Shark (E 2643)

On offer's my LeCoultre Shark (ref E 2643). The 40mm stainless steel case has never been polished and features sharp bevels on the lugs and very few marks. The caseback has minor dings but has been worn infrequently enough that the serial number is still clearly legible (323xxx). The crown is original and cross-hatched, and, inside, the Valjoux 72, having just been fully overhauled (after the original mainspring broke; happy to provide service details to buyer) is operating flawlessly, and shouldn't need service for another decade or so.

The dial is in equally strong shape. The few marks on the subdials are noticeable only at angles and when you're really looking. The lume has aged to a puffy yellow and has darkened in spots, but is all consistent and matching. The subdial hands are all their original glossy black. The hour, minute, and chrono second hands have been redone. I know this is a huge no-no, and I would have preferred not to have had them redone (they've been rhodium-plated, repainted, and relumed). Included below (#9) is a picture of what the hands looked like before; they were awful, and detracted terribly from the watch (they'd been scratched up to allow some white paint to stick). While I know redone anything is not a huge selling point, the good news is JLC will gladly put on replacement hands if you send it to them (though I'd guess the hands they'll fit will likely be nearly identical to what's already on here).

The watch comes with its original box, on its original signed LeCoultre bracelet (it fits my 7.25" wrist well, and can be adjusted smaller but not larger), and with all three original bezels—the MH bezel on the watch, and the telemeter and world timer bezels, both of which are clearly NOS and have never been mounted and show no signs at all of wear.

I'm asking for $12k for this. Happy to provide more references or photos, and to work out payment and shipping method with the buyer. I don't have a Parcel Pro account, so it might be difficult shipping it overseas, but I'm happy to do whatever I can to accommodate interested parties. Please feel free to ask any questions, and thanks for looking, and big thanks to Jeff/CT for the space.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE