The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: EXTREMELY RARE & UNTOUCHED HEUER AUTAVIA 73463 SILVER DIAL

Hi guys,
After lots of reactions on my teaser shot a week ago I am finally offering this stunning Heuer Autavia 73463 "silver dial" variant.
Interesting to mention that these manual 70's Autavia's were never a big success for Heuer. That was even more the case for this silver dial 73463 reference.
So needless to say that this really is a very rare Autavia. So please don't make the mistake to compare it with the 11630 "silver dial".
This is a plexi manual reference of which only very few were made. So this is really an interesting watch for the true Heuer collector.
Here the link to Peter's watch: http://www.heuerwatches.net/Autavia_73463_T.html
I will not say there are only three but I tend to believe that we are on the same production volume level as let's say an 1163 "Orange Boy".
Please correct me in case you would not agree.

Ok, about this particular watch.
I tend to believe it's 100% untouched ( though with case refurbers like the Belgian guy we all know and then the other guy based in Rome it's hard to say if this case has been redone or not ).
For sure all the parts are original ( yes even the plexi ).

So case is absolutely magnificent with a factory like sunburst finish in the upper case.
Bevelled edges super sharp and sides free of scratches and nice and shiny.
So a case we all dream of. I think the pictures tell everything.

That silver dial is to die for, absolutely spotless and those typical vertical lines in perfect condition.
Best of all, everyone will agree on that are the bright fluo orange accents of the dial and hands.
It's just impossible to find them in a brighter condition. Bear in mind that in real it's even more spectacular.
Please note the hour markers have lost all their tritium. I know another OTD member with this exact reference with the exact same (complete ) loss of hour markers tritium.
So maybe it's a common problem on this reference though I have see a couple with all the tritium present.

Movement just had a complete check-up, so nothing more to say than that it's working perfect.

Model: Heuer Autavia 73463 "silver dial"
Serial number: 263997
Movement: Heuer V7734

I think most people know my prices are very fair ( well most of the time ). Pricing this watch is pretty hard since it's so rare and there is almost no reference.
Still pricing it very competitively. If you don't like the price, feel free to make me a fair offer. Though I really think this one may sell pretty fast.

Price: 5500 euros ( fully insured shipping and a nice brown & matching leather strap included )
NOS black corfam small holes: +325 euros

Payment: bank transfer or PP ( +4% )

( I give a full refund in case of any problem or if the watch would not be as described )

Best regards,
B

Messages In This Thread

FS: EXTREMELY RARE & UNTOUCHED HEUER AUTAVIA 73463 SILVER DIAL
SOLD *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE