The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rare 60s Omega GMT Pilot 24hr Seamaster Chronostop-145.008

Here with me is an extremely rare and original Omega Chronostop Ref: 145.008 Seamaster. This handsome collectible is not easy to come by, due to these rotating inner 24 hour GMT Pilot bezels, which are not many made out there + this variant is probably the most sought after 24 hour GMT pilot bezel.

This "JUMBO" case is pretty large even by modern standards 41.25mm in diameter (excluding crow / pusher) 45mm (inclusive) 47mm lug tip to lug tip and 22mm lug spacing Big Dial diameter of 36.6mm. It has a Fully Signed Screw down Case Back + 2 Signed Crowns and the Orginal Crystal is hesalite signed Ω in the middle too.

As you can see in the pictures, the unpolished case made in the 1960s, is in pretty good condition with original radial brushed finish still visible throughout the case top + those polished (bevelled edges) and brushed sides were all are correct. Just look at the case maintaining its sharpness and lines.

The watch's DIAL is near mint condition showing matt black, bold hour indexes and tritium inset "T Swiss Made T" at 6 the T's representing the presence of tritium in the dial.

Can you see the white and mini racing track enveloping the matt dial? And check out those beautiful visible tritium plots on each individual marker…the loupe will tell you everything is really minty.

The Omega Movement is manual winding is actaully a LEMANIA Caliber 865 movement. I found on the internet that these 865 movements were released in 1966. Its 17 jewels provided it with an extremely accurate 21,600 bpm. Some may criticize this watch for its limited “stop-second watch” function, which allowed to record times up to one minute only, but with the addition of the rotating bezel the wearer can rotate the inner bezels as a marker for minutes…it is significant to note that the 865 movement was, for all intents and purposes, a simplified version of the Calibre 861 found in the much more expensive but now much LESS exclusive Speedmaster line.

Pricing this watch is pretty fair if I were to put it at USD$2,700 and there was one which Hodinkee sold a few years ago: https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/1970s-omega-chronostop-reference-145-008?variant=17405535620

Still I feel this pricing is very competitively decent...as recently in Sept, there was one on the same model which was sold on ebay for USD3470 by fullywound from UK.

I can be cool enough to absorb the paypal fees but shipping to be from the buyer (by fedex etc) which is pretty fair for both.

If you need any pictures of the movement, please email me at draka748@yahoo.com.sg - Also note on the first top 5 pictures it was taken today on 11 November 2017. If the sale is successful, this watch will be ship from Singapore and will come with 2 nice 22mm leather straps (brown + grey) as shown in the pics.

( I give a full refund if the the watch is not as described )
Best regards,
Kelvin Leong
Thank you Chronotrader for the space and everyone for looking!!

Messages In This Thread

FS: Rare 60s Omega GMT Pilot 24hr Seamaster Chronostop-145.008
Re: View on Movement on the Omega Chronostop 145.008
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE