The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Very rare stepped c Zenith issued watch 1940 Calatrava style

'm selling this beautiful calatrava style Zenith watch from my personal collection. This piece was made in 1940s and as you can see from the pictures it is in a very good condition. The dial, the case, the movement, everything is absolutely original and well preserved. I would put the condition of this watch as very good, almost mint, but it has some minor scratches on the left side of the case, which means that this piece was probably never polished, but since I ´ve held vintage timepieces before, I´m sure that it never was. The watch is 3x signed as it should for a high quality piece like this one, and it is running. But, I have to say that it is a deadbeat, sometimes it will run for hours, sometimes it will need a shake and sometimes it wont run at all, that is why I strongly recommend some service( if you decide to purchase this piece from me, than the service will be free of charge ) The watch measures around '31 mm with the crown 32 mm and yes, it is a mans watch, this size was typical for the era. The piece comes on the leather 18 mm strap, I would advise to buy a 17 mm (if you can find it somewhere) , but I think that the current strap is just fine, It is a high quality leather strap made in Germany after all, so changing the strap is not necessary. The markings on the lower side of the case are indicating that this watch was issued to some officer or a government worker since it is not serial number of the case. ( the SN of the case is engraved in the back lid as you can see on the pictures) I have seen and owned some very similar designes from longines, the so called "tre tacche " ( collectors will be familiar with that model) and that is where I´m coming from. They all had 4 digit numbers engraved on the back.My price is 550 USD and I´m accepting offers
If you need any other information, please contact me
Thank you for the space !

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE